I tried mine toe out at first didn't work. What started to happen (on pavement) the tire was trying to pull to the outside and that would pull my gear out and compress my springs not cool. So I set them toe in and that helps hold the gear in the full up right position. I also figure there is give in all the pipe on my landing gear so being toe in when you start rolling your pushing against the tubing which is really setting the wheels at zero. Remember I am only border line Genius so do what works best for you.
Welcome Nile looks like a great project there. How did the landing gear hold up to the accident? I see its the good Grove Gear. Have no idea about running the 912 maybe try to get a hold of Larry with the Mangy Fox he seems to know a bit about them engines and knows alot of guys running 912 engines.
Thanks for the kind words Matt. I love the way mine turned out exactly how I dreamed it to be. I started with an 1985 unstarted kit I bought from Jim Chuk then built the airplane I wanted to see around it. And about those tanks I think there quite light weight. Maybe 4 to 5 lbs a piece would be my guess.
That would be the opposite side of the runway. Don't look at anything else. One more thing I did Was to do all my take offs on pavement and landed on the grass. I guess I figured if things go wrong just keep the power in and get it off the ground. I don't really care for 3 point landings on pavement it seems easier to just fly it in till the wheels squeak. On grass I have tried the 3 point because you are so much slower works good there but still prefer wheel landings. will do 50 wheel landings to 1 three point. thats just me and I am very green to tail wheels
I was nervous the first time too now all I land on is the pavement. Like yamma fox said if it don't feel right just add some power. My first attempt I just came in fast touched the wheels down and just let it roll for a bit then I added power and went around. Nothing to it.
300 bucks a gallon is stupid. I used val spar with good results on a fisher avenger that I did. Just make sure what ever you use is 100% Acrylic that's what keeps the flexibility. On my Kitfox I used poly tone and its holding up really good. So far I got 27hrs on it.
Use to be at least. I had my wing struts powered coated after I built them. Then I went to scuff up the back to glue on my wood struts I could sand the paint right off with out even trying. Everybody keeps getting more expensive and the quality keeps getting less.