Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

flying hard IFR with only a VFR rating

5 posts in this topic

Posted

the outcome is never good....

My ex-wife started taking flying lessons about the time our divorce started and she got her license shortly before our divorce was final, later that same year.

Yesterday afternoon, she narrowly escaped injury in the aircraft she was piloting when she was forced to make an emergency landing in Southern Tennessee because of bad weather. Thank God our kids were with me at the Beach House this weekend.

The NTSB issued a preliminary report, citing pilot error: Judy was flying a single engine aircraft in IFR (instrument flight rating) conditions while only having obtained a VFR (visual flight rating) rating.

The absence of a post-crash fire was likely due to insufficient fuel on board. No one on the ground was injured.

Photographs below were taken at the scene show the extent of damage to her aircraft.

She was very lucky.

252_ifr_jpgbc0a99046e19319e03be018480b18

Posted

Ahh Leni,

Sorry about the *itch

I drove by your Beach House today and snapped this pic....thought you might like it. Nice.  :hammerhead:

254_dome_shanty_jpge43e08a8bab308e7d5e3d

Posted

ya bugger... I told you to stop in for a drink if you were in the area... last time I invite you to my fine dwelling :lol:

Posted

I also like the slide ya built for the kids at the Beach House.

What a guy!

260_kid_ride_jpg2bea45cffb58429e67254b83

Posted

hey man, nothing but the finest redneck engineering for my kids!  Daddy dont spare no expense onthe young'uns.... :lol:

:beerchug: