Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Wanted

7 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi all,

I figure chances are slim but thought I'd ask if anyone has or knows anyone who has a set of Cleveland 40-97 6 inch wheels preferably with brake disks for sale.

I want to mount both my street and bush tires on wheels for easier change out.

Many thanks!

Chris Bolkan

Posted (edited)

By coincidence, this listing just appeared in NZ - including tires - NZ$900 is about US$720. Maybe he'd sell you just the metalwork.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/aircraft/parts/auction-437837460.htm

The cost of shipping (including the tires) to the US is likely to be under US$150 - shipping rates can be calculated here:

http://www.nzpost.co.nz/tools/rate-finder/sending-internationally/parcels

Edited by pedro10012000

Posted

I have one or two, have to check, sets of Cleveland wheels,disks & brakes taken off of a Piper, cleaned, treated and painted white. Will let you know in day or so. Have no tires for sale - McCreary are cheap new. Priced reasonable - Let me know what you think is reasonable. Will Check part numnbers to see what they are.

Ed in Missouri

Posted

Hi all,

I figure chances are slim but thought I'd ask if anyone has or knows anyone who has a set of Cleveland 40-97 6 inch wheels preferably with brake disks for sale.

I want to mount both my street and bush tires on wheels for easier change out.

Many thanks!

Chris Bolkan

I checked my wheels today. I have 2 mains and one nose. I plan to keep the nose wheel. I believe that these are 40-90A wheels and 164-23 disks. I took this from Spruce Catalog. the only numbers I found on the two wheels I checked were 1075 on one and C857 on the other. The disks are probably way too heavy for your bird, but this is good, as they can be turned thinner by any shop that does brakes. The wheels are epoxy painted and the disks have primer and red rustoleum on them to preserve them from rusting. Haven't found bearings or bolts, but you may want to get new ones anyway. But can look more. Make offer. Ed

Posted

I don't know much about Cleveland wheels - just happen to own a set with brakes, master cylinders and park brake cylinder off of a Piper.

Why don't you contact Cleveland and see if the 40-90 will interchange with the 40-97?

Ed in MO