Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Stalling talk...makes my head spin.

2 posts in this topic

Posted

:D  Get it??  Makes my head spin...?  ;D ?-----?   Never mind.

Anyway,

This insight is to good for the "List" and since this is the place where the only true intellectuals meet, I will post it here.

My hero, (I have few.. 'cept for Lenni,  :siterocks:) Wolfgang Langewiesche, states on page 38 in his 1944 book "Stick and Rudder" that:

"With power on, just as with power off, the airplane stalls for just one reason only: because the wings are meeting the air at an excessive Angle of Attack."

In regards to stalls in a turn...page 58, "when an airplane flying at a certain speed, goes into a turn and loads itself down with 'g' load it assumes a larger Angle of Attack and thus gets closer to a stall"......  "At the higher angle of attack, the wings have more drag and thus the airplane will slow up unless the throttle is opened wider. The airplane assumes a still higher Angle of Attack and gets still closer to the stall."

He goes on to describe it in more detail  but since you all DO have the book, .........

BTW.. Leni, if there was a icon for asskissing i would have used it instead of the  :siterocks: one.

steve

Posted

:D  Get it??  Makes my head spin...?  ;D ?-----?   Never mind.

BTW.. Leni, if there was a icon for asskissing i would have used it instead of the  :siterocks: one.

steve

Bhwaaaaaa on the bold...

Hmm.. gonna have to come up with a good brown noser emo.  :lol: