Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Great Liquid type heater with defroster

11 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I have an extra heater for sale. Measures about 5" high x 8" deep x 16" wide. 4 outlets for heat, 2 defrost ducts. twin blowers, 3 speeds.

Mine works great. Mounted under nose tank, or in place of it. Manufacturer told me that it would overheat a rag-top jeep - they weren't kidding.

Cost me $200 with shipping. Sell $175 shipped to lower 48. This is new, in original box. Ed

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted

I have an extra heater for sale. Measures about 5" high x 8" deep x 16" wide. 4 outlets for heat, 2 defrost ducts. twin blowers, 3 speeds.

Mine works great. Mounted under nose tank, or in place of it. Manufacturer told me that it would overheat a rag-top jeep - they weren't kidding.

Cost me $200 with shipping. Sell $175 shipped to lower 48. This is new, in original box. Ed

Got a photo of this unit or a link to the product website?

Posted

Got a photo of this unit or a link to the product website?

Got Dr. appointment tomorrow. Will take photos this week. I made an aluminum mount for mine which attasches to firewall and a tube under where the front tank was mounted. Ed

Posted

Here are photos of my heater and controls. Ed in MO

post-399-13269163058139_thumb.jpg

post-399-13269163244775_thumb.jpg

post-399-13269163417839_thumb.jpg

post-399-13269163531476_thumb.jpg

Posted

Here are photos of my heater and controls. Ed in MO

Is this heater still for sell? Will it work with a rotax 582?

Thanks

Posted (edited)

Is this heater still for sell? Will it work with a rotax 582?

Thanks

I still have the heater for sale - It should work with any water-cooled engine - The only place where it will not work is with the nose tank, unless you figure out how to mount it below the tank.

ED in MO

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted

I still have the heater for sale - It should work with any water-cooled engine - The only place where it will not work is with the nose tank, unless you figure out how to mount it below the tank.

ED in MO

Sounds like it would be great for Alaska. What is its weight.

Posted (edited)

I will have to find that out tomorrow in the daylight - guessing 5 lbs but really dont know until I weigh mine.

Will post this tomorrow evening for you. May cost a little more to ship to Alaska - everything does!

Thanks,

ED in MO

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted

I didnt get to weigh the heater today - my bum shoulder hurt so bad I didnt sleep last night - slept all day - I can try again tomorrow.

I am wondering now about the electric output of your 582 being enough to feed the blower - No concern for my Soob alternator - I will see if it tells what amps it pulls when I weigh it.

Thanks,

ED in MO

Posted (edited)

Thanks Ed, Otherwise I want to find a way to keep my cockpit hotter because I live in Alaska. I do have the radiator heater but that is not enough.

Edited by Avid Heavy

Posted (edited)

Thanks Ed, Otherwise I want to find a way to keep my cockpit hotter because I live in Alaska. I do have the radiator heater but that is not enough.

I borrowed my wifes electronic bathroom scale today and took it down to the shop - Looks like this heater weighs about 13 pounds - Didnt find any info on it about how many amps it pulls - Will do some more research or looking if you are still interested. I have a 3 speed switch setup, but could be wired as single - high speed switch for Alaska. Did you read Leni's post about the insulating material to enclose back of cockpit?

ED in MO

Edited by Ed In Missouri