Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Great Site Here, Many Thanks

4 posts in this topic

Posted

I just want to express my Thanks to AKFlyer, or whomever started this site.

It is easy to use, even for an old enept puter pilot like me.

Many Thanks to all those contributing.

No question is ever "dumb", and no answer should be.

Sincerely, Ed in MO

Posted

Thanks Ed,

The site is for all you guys! I just provide a place we can hang out, ask questions, and not get posts deleted cause we said our honest opinion about a certain manufacture etc. Glad you have found it easy to use!

:BC:

Posted

Ed glad you like the site!! If we could only convince all the knowledgeable guys on the Yahoo list to come over and give it a whirl!

Posted (edited)

Ed glad you like the site!! If we could only convince all the knowledgeable guys on the Yahoo list to come over and give it a whirl!

YES - Knowledge is what we all want. People with money don't have to ask for it - they just buy it or rent it!

I feel like I have done well to design mine using Dean's basic airframe and wings, but am at the point where I could sure use some engineering help on the nosegear design. I have nightmares of it collapsing and the nose digging a hole in the runway which I will have to fix!

I know that it is much easier to build from a kit, but I am just stubborn enough to build what I want, and not someone else's plane, even tho I can only lay claim to about half of my design. But then, everyone, even the Giants in aircraft manufacturing, has "borrowed" from an earlier designer in some way.

This has been a 16 year struggle, but so many other things have interfered. Finally, I am trying to get it finished before I get unable (you never get "too old") to fly.

Ed in MO

Edited by Ed In Missouri