Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Selling my Avid

4 posts in this topic

Posted

Hey Guys,

As I mentioned in a different post, i've been contemplating selling my Avid and my J3 project so I can move up to the Airdale Flyer (aka super Avid)

I put my Mark IV on Barnstormers and have had a few good bites on it so we'll see if anything comes of it. I'm sure everyone on here has an Avid but if you know of anyone looking

for an Avid that is flying, let me know and i'll give them more info on it. Its registered as a Mark IV but the serial number 1057 so its more of a C and IV hybrid I figure.

Anyways, i'm off to work on the J3 project to get it ready to advertise as well. In the mean time I've been flying the Avid as much as possible and having a blast.

Darcy

Posted

Hey Guys,

As I mentioned in a different post, i've been contemplating selling my Avid and my J3 project

Darcy, I'm looking for a good tail dragger project. I see your Avid on Barnstormers...I wonder about your J3 project. What can you tell me about it and what price are you asking?

Roy

Posted (edited)

My Cub is a 1946 J3 with a A-75 engine. I have all the original logs and data plate for it. The airframe time has 1720 hours since new and the engine has 600+ SMOH. I was planning on putting it in the owner maintenance category here in Canada but haven't decided yet. The airplane has sat for a few years so i've been going through it and planning on doing a complete restoration on it. The engine was torn down and has been inspected and has new main bearings and new connecting rod bearings. Theres new gaskets, piston rings, and some new pushrods. The Mags are the orignial Eissemann mags and both are still strong. One does have the impusle gear on it for easier starting.The airframe has been mostly stripped of fabric at this point. It has the 12 gallon header tank and one wing tank in the right hand wing. I also have a metal Mccauley prop rated to 85 hp for it and the Federal 1500 skis to go with it.

The wings are in ok shape and for the most part and need to be torn down, inspected, any repairs made and then new fabric and wing tip bows. The wings have the metal spars and if i read the logs right, one of the wings was replaced some 20 years ago. The newer wing is actually in very good shape. I've got new bungees on the main gear. I haven't touched the wings and they're stored in a shop on my farm. I've got the fuselage in the garage to work on. Theres a bit of cross tubing to replace in the back of the fuselage which is the majority of the repairs needed. Apparently a fence post jumped out in front of the previous owner. Now lets see if I can get some pics on here. As for price, well i'm open to offers at this point.

post-263-13297543053426_thumb.jpg

post-263-13297537471535_thumb.jpg

Edited by DeltaFlyer

Posted

My Cub is a 1946 J3 with a A-75 engine. I have all the original logs and data plate for it. The airframe time has 1720 hours since new and the engine has 600+ SMOH. I was planning on putting it in the owner maintenance category here in Canada but haven't decided yet. The airplane has sat for a few years so i've been going through it and planning on doing a complete restoration on it. The engine was torn down and has been inspected and has new main bearings and new connecting rod bearings. Theres new gaskets, piston rings, and some new pushrods. The Mags are the orignial Eissemann mags and both are still strong. One does have the impusle gear on it for easier starting.The airframe has been mostly stripped of fabric at this point. It has the 12 gallon header tank and one wing tank in the right hand wing. I also have a metal Mccauley prop rated to 85 hp for it and the Federal 1500 skis to go with it.

The wings are in ok shape and for the most part and need to be torn down, inspected, any repairs made and then new fabric and wing tip bows. The wings have the metal spars and if i read the logs right, one of the wings was replaced some 20 years ago. The newer wing is actually in very good shape. I've got new bungees on the main gear. I haven't touched the wings and they're stored in a shop on my farm. I've got the fuselage in the garage to work on. Theres a bit of cross tubing to replace in the back of the fuselage which is the majority of the repairs needed. Apparently a fence post jumped out in front of the previous owner. Now lets see if I can get some pics on here. As for price, well i'm open to offers at this point.

Thanks Darcy. Sounds like you have a lot of places to have fun with airplane projects. :-) I'm finishing up a long term restoration project of my own and will be using the finished project to fund a change in my flying. A Cub or some such flying machine would be welcome.

post-263-13297543053426_thumb.jpg

post-263-13297537471535_thumb.jpg