Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Another "test" flight.

4 posts in this topic

Posted

Ya all,

Just got back from from a nice flight, everything purring right along.

The EGT was still about 20' higher then I have seen in the past but it never exceeds 1500F at any rpm, up to WOT.

She's doing 90 mph @4800 rpm with plenty to spare. The engine seems to "sound" stronger using the 100LL, but that might be due to the cleaner intake valves and seats.

I hate the price of 100LL, but if the next few hours are as good as today I will stick with it, or possibly work up to a 50% mix with autogas.

Didn't have to take the cowl off before..., or after the flight.  That's a good sign right??  :)

steve

Posted

bet that is due more to the valves than the 100LL.. The question now is how long will it take for your valves to get shitty again with the 100LL.

Posted

Leni,

I don't think that will be an issue. 100LL dosn't have all the yucky additives that I believe were causing build-up problems.  It's the excess lead in the 100LL that (research indicates) is not necessary in the 912 UL. But that can be handled with specific oils and more frequent filter and oil changes. I read all over of flight school using nothing but 100LL for 1000+ hrs, but the proper service intervals are maintained.

I might just have to stock up on Rammon Noodles so I can afford Avgas. (Damn...I hate it when that happens.)

Steve

Posted

Damn Steve why the heck you using EGT's . People are saying you do not need them over on the other site lol . I personally would not fly without one unless it broke in flight . ILL DO A NEW POST AND SAY WHY .

I GUESS ILL LEAVE A SIGNATURE IN HERE