Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

BANNED

7 posts in this topic

Posted

Got myself banned from Team Kitfox today. Paintjobs, glass cockpits, and autopilots just piss me off when it comes to Avids/Kitfoxes. Two guys saying their 6 month aerothane paintjob designs were the hardest part of their build I basically lost it. Not my best moment and I admit it was inappropriate but these guys are wrecking the entire reason Dean designed this airplane to start with in 1983. SIMPLE, CHEAP, and FUN should come to mind not 60K, Aerothane, and Dynon. :stirthepot: :stirthepot:

Posted

Got myself banned from Team Kitfox today. Paintjobs, glass cockpits, and autopilots just piss me off when it comes to Avids/Kitfoxes. Two guys saying their 6 month aerothane paintjob designs were the hardest part of their build I basically lost it. Not my best moment and I admit it was inappropriate but these guys are wrecking the entire reason Dean designed this airplane to start with in 1983. SIMPLE, CHEAP, and FUN should come to mind not 60K, Aerothane, and Dynon. :stirthepot: :stirthepot:

Thats awesome! But now I dont hold the distinction as being the only one banned. Sumbitch, I am no longer special :hammerhead: hahahahahaha

I still got one up on ya. I got 3 different alter ego's banned before I got bored at the Matronics site and 12 banned at hardcore sledders site :lol:

Hanging here is more fun anyway!

:BC:

Posted

Leni,

Where have you been lately? I thought you might have the law after you; or maybe you had banned yourself from your own forum. jail_time.gif When are you going to be in town? We need to get a good winter flyout trip to the lodge or somewhere before winter is over.

Posted

Got myself banned from Team Kitfox today. Paintjobs, glass cockpits, and autopilots just piss me off when it comes to Avids/Kitfoxes. Two guys saying their 6 month aerothane paintjob designs were the hardest part of their build I basically lost it. Not my best moment and I admit it was inappropriate but these guys are wrecking the entire reason Dean designed this airplane to start with in 1983. SIMPLE, CHEAP, and FUN should come to mind not 60K, Aerothane, and Dynon. stirthepot.gifstirthepot.gif

I know what you mean; just I subscribed to Flying magazine because they were almost giving them away in a promotion but everytime I get one and they are talking about the latest multimillion dollar biz jet I wonder what I was thinking. There seems to be only one or two atricles in each issue that are worth reading, geez...

That said, I am afraid to add up the reciepts for building my plane. My worst ones are when I changed my mind after buying some expensive part (like the first motor and redrive, now a new prop, etc.) I thought I was pretty nuts putting out the money for an IVO IFA but at the last EAA meeting we had some guys that are flying QS2's and competing in the Valdeze short takeoff and landing competition. Very interesting presentation and pretty incredible slow flight and the angle of attack is amazing. They land the plane at what looks like about 45 degrees, at 20 mph. Not sure how much they have in those planes though (stroked 0375 with nitrous oxide, leading edge slats, spoilers, sloted fowler flaps...) I felt much better about my prop when they said the Whirlwind prop they use is just under 7 grand for the ground adjustable and just under 10 grand for the IFA. Much better spent than on a glass cockpit though.lmao.gif

Posted

Leni,

Where have you been lately? I thought you might have the law after you; or maybe you had banned yourself from your own forum. jail_time.gif When are you going to be in town? We need to get a good winter flyout trip to the lodge or somewhere before winter is over.

Randy,

Been a bit out of the loop lately. No law after me though! hahahaha. Yes we do need to get a flyin together! I get in Tuesday night and hope to be able to get some flying time in this time home. Between home remodel crud, and trying to keep the kids in line, I have not had alot of flying time. Actually, I dont think I have flown since Dec. and that was just to move the plane from the lake over to the airport. I need to bring it home, get the heater and stuff hooked back up and do a few maintenance items then I will be ready to burn some air!

I will let you know when I get the bird ready to turn dead dinosuars into high speed vapor trails! well.. OK into low level fun anyway

I too have been real unhappy with Kitplanes and Sport Aviation. We need a magazine that is dedicated to back country flying in bare bones stripped down birds flown by hopeless zealots like ourselves.

:BC:

Posted

Way to go Joey! I agree with you a 100%. I have been saying this for years, that is why I built my Bandit the way I did. Just as you said, light, simple and cheap!

Posted

BRAVO! Stay down here with the po-folks who just love to build and fly. Leave the $nobs to their $potless $plendid e$pensive toy$.

Ed in MO