Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Speedwing Spars, Ldg gear, Nose tank, Fabric

6 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Needing money to continue building so I'm getting rid of the parts that I don't need. all parts are from a 1986 B Flyer and have never been used. 4 short .065 speedwing spars with white powder coat $400.00 Nose tank with instrument panel $75.00 maule tail wheel with leaf spring new 150.00

-Robert-

Edited by High Country

Posted (edited)

Needing money to continue building so I'm getting rid of the parts that I don't need. all parts are from a 1986 B Flyer and have never been used. 4 short .065 speedwing spars with white powder coat $425.00 Nose tank $75.00 Complete landing gear w mechanical brakes 6"wheels and tires $350.00 36yds of 1.8 oz fabric $350.00

-Robert-

Robert,

IMO, the .065 spars are plenty strong for 1050. There are lots of KFs 4 & 5 flying with them at 1200 to 1550. Never heard of a failure.

Go to Spruce and check the weight difference of .083, then multiply it by 30 and then by 4. Correction: Times Two!!!

Also, you do not need the extra weight of more ribs. Your performance, climb, stall, cruise, load, will suffer with the added weight with your 65 hp, and the 18 inch rib spacing is plenty. Ribs are heavy. I think you could save some money too.

Likewise, I would not go with heavier fabric. The 2.7 really tightens up and will possibly warp your wing trailing edges.

Every ounce adds up with a light plane.

Ed in MO

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted

Needing money to continue building so I'm getting rid of the parts that I don't need. all parts are from a 1986 B Flyer and have never been used. 4 short .065 speedwing spars with white powder coat $425.00 Nose tank $75.00 Complete landing gear w mechanical brakes 6"wheels and tires $350.00 36yds of 1.8 oz fabric $350.00

-Robert-

Hi, what's the covering system of the fabric ? and are there still available for sale ?

Eric

Posted

How long are the spar tubes?

Posted

Hi, what's the covering system of the fabric ? and are there still available for sale ?

Eric

sorry I decided to go ahead and use this fabric

Posted

How long are the spar tubes?

Off the top of my head I want to say around 9' but will have the check to make sure. they are the short tubes.

-Robert-