Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Winter Flying/Iditarod Pics

5 posts in this topic

Posted

Thought I would post a few pics of this winter flying. Wish I knew how to label them. A couple are of the Iditarod; it is amazing to see dog sled after dog sled heading up the river almost like a train with some space between the cars. Snow was plently deep as you can see by where my plane tail is sitting.. and that is with the tail ski on. Another pic is of an open lead in the Big Su River at -25 degrees; almost looks like smoke. A few are from last weekend, a beautiful evening. I can't resist taking pictures of my baby with a good backdrop. Nice sunset behind the Alaska Range

post-75-13330030283246_thumb.jpg

Racers along the river

post-75-13330028315726_thumb.jpg

Snow be deep! This is with a tail ski!!

post-75-13330032063001_thumb.jpg

Open lead at -25 makes it look like "smoooooke on the water"

post-75-13330033385889_thumb.jpg

My baby with backdrop

post-75-13330034777629_thumb.jpgpost-75-1333003623855_thumb.jpgpost-75-13330037142705_thumb.jpg

Posted

Awww, now you've made us flatlanders all jealous for that kind of flying scenery and deep snow. Thanks for sharing the beautiful pics.

-- Paul S

Posted

Nice pictures,Thanks for sharing them with us.Ive never flown on skis, makes me want to start.Randy

Posted

Nice pics Randy!

To add a caption to your pictures, when you upload them, you should see them appear in a little box off to the side with the file name. Click the little box that says add to post. You will then see the text string with the photo name appear in the reply window. Hit enter so the cursor drops below the text string and you can then put your caption under the photo. I will see if I can do a little tutorial on it with screen shots.

HP,

Nothing is more fun than Ski flying... right up to the point that you get stuck in overflow, then it is the most miserable nightmare you can imagine! I have done it in the Avid before and it's not too bad, but I had one instance where I was in the 180 solo and got stuck. I made up some really colorful words that I am cvertain had never been uttered before in the history of man! Atleast they had never before been strung together like that! If you are going to be out solo flying ski's you need a good rope and tackle set up that you can pull yourself out with should the need arrise. WEll, that or just stay on the full lotus floats all year around so you never have to worry about overflow or thin ice again!

BC.gif

Posted

Very Nice Randy ,keep posting pictures of that Avid , it provides some great motivation to get mine flying. Just pulled the skis of the kitfox last weekend :beerchug: