Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Was "High EGT...."

5 posts in this topic

Posted

I've got a spare Briggs and Stratton sitting here in the garage if you need it. It runs fine, but it's a bit hard to fire up in cold weather as I filled it with 90# gear oil when I ran out of regular oil last spring.

Really..., how's it going? Any progress?

Steve

Posted

nope.. it is getting a tear down this week... I am back at work so I cant to anything on it....

I think it is time for me to get my head outa my ass and get mine in the air.  A good week should have it flying if I dont dick off on it.

Posted

Heck your engine is going in my plane tomorrow BRO.

Posted

still does not answer the fuel flow issue..... but put it in there ifn ya want to... I wont need it for a few more weeks.

Posted

Well the fuel iussue is finally done and working . When i rejetted for our colder temps It turns out it was just to damn rich and was creating a flamew front going by the egt raising the temps, and then flooding the engine out at wide open throttle . when i rejet back to normal sealevel It runs like a top and egt are ok . GO figure . I am installing a airfuel ratio gauge so i can see just where my jetting is versus the egt gauge . It should read 14.7 for the best performance but i would like it to be around 14 for peace of mind and variance in temp and altitude. well see and I will give a update.

SIG BELOW