Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Avid C with stol wings and Rotax 912

5 posts in this topic

Posted

Last year I bought an Avid C model with stol wings and Rotax 912 engine. I bought the plane in Germany and took it by road home to Denmark, where I live. My plan is to build new Heavy Hauler wings for it. Howewer: I have run into some problems with the local authorities. They claim that my planes serialnumber: 468 is to low for the plane to be fittet with Heavy Haulers. I have never heard of this before. If this in untrue, I need some good arguments, or preferably, some kind of documentation that can convince them to let me go ahead with the project.

I will really appreciate if you guys can help me with this.

Posted

Last year I bought an Avid C model with stol wings and Rotax 912 engine. I bought the plane in Germany and took it by road home to Denmark, where I live. My plan is to build new Heavy Hauler wings for it. Howewer: I have run into some problems with the local authorities. They claim that my planes serialnumber: 468 is to low for the plane to be fittet with Heavy Haulers. I have never heard of this before. If this in untrue, I need some good arguments, or preferably, some kind of documentation that can convince them to let me go ahead with the project.

I will really appreciate if you guys can help me with this.

There are some old Avid brochures on the Avid_flyer Yahoo site that may help in the files section. Here is a link, you may have to join if you are not a member already.

http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/EBKOTz5J5iq02NjI7yI-Rl-lY3hskzEJRJ6aIjU0mLIwdkCOj9NDTaj3FTWZIJUEa-tVdqDV18M3MMvvtFSrhEIEfMuCUVtr/Avid%20Brochures/Model_C_p2.jpg

Hope this helps.

Paul S in Wyoming

Posted

mine is SN 581 Model C ordered with heavy hauler wings from the factory. The paperwork I have from the dealer order says 1085# gross. This is the only place I have seen that number. Not sure how accurate it is, but I do know that it was ordered as a HH.

:BC:

Posted

There are some old Avid brochures on the Avid_flyer Yahoo site that may help in the files section. Here is a link, you may have to join if you are not a member already.

http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/EBKOTz5J5iq02NjI7yI-Rl-lY3hskzEJRJ6aIjU0mLIwdkCOj9NDTaj3FTWZIJUEa-tVdqDV18M3MMvvtFSrhEIEfMuCUVtr/Avid%20Brochures/Model_C_p2.jpg

Hope this helps.

Paul S in Wyoming

Hi Paul

Thanks for the link. I have now applied to become a member.

Posted (edited)

mine is SN 581 Model C ordered with heavy hauler wings from the factory. The paperwork I have from the dealer order says 1085# gross. This is the only place I have seen that number. Not sure how accurate it is, but I do know that it was ordered as a HH.

:BC:

Thank you. That confirms that it is o.k. with HH's on my Avid. Now I only have to prove it some how :)

Edited by hector