Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

DAN DENNY LEARNING TAKE0FFS

5 posts in this topic

Posted

Has anyone ever watched the video of Dan Denny attempting takeoffs and wrecking the first Avid (aka Kitfox)?

Donno where it exists now, but watched it years ago and busted my gut laughing.

Can anyone post it?

ED in MO

Posted

Sounds like one we need to find..

I am damn thankful no one has my first half dozen landings in my brothers kit fox on video.. A state trooper was parked out at the airport watching planes buzzing around during his lunch break.. yes, he came over and talked to me when I pulled in to tie it down :lol: Turns out he was just interested in what it was we were flying and he wanted to go up for a ride (just proves you dont need brains or good judgement to be a cop) :lmao: He has become a great friend and we spent alot of time flying around together till he moved out to Illiamna.

:BC:

Posted (edited)

Sounds like one we need to find..

I am damn thankful no one has my first half dozen landings in my brothers kit fox on video.. A state trooper was parked out at the airport watching planes buzzing around during his lunch break.. yes, he came over and talked to me when I pulled in to tie it down :lol: Turns out he was just interested in what it was we were flying and he wanted to go up for a ride (just proves you dont need brains or good judgement to be a cop) :lmao: He has become a great friend and we spent alot of time flying around together till he moved out to Illiamna.

:BC:

Oh Oh

I've got the movie of my first landing (and take off) with the avid

It was the first time (for me) in a tail dragger

I wasn't allowed to fly the plane (I had to finish the bathroom first !!!!) and I was just training to drive the plane on the ground

but I pull the throttle on and...... it goes up !!! withstupid.gif

and the only thing to do was to ........... land ohmy.gif

the vid is in a bad quality but I wasn't supposed to fly this day

Edited by 4aplat

Posted

My first flight... I couldn't believe how quickly I felt comfortable in the airplane. Just goes to show you how good of a flier these little birds are.

Posted

I believe the original Dan Denny was filmed with an 8mm camera. I think I used to have a copy of it on VCS, but got my doubts about ever finding it in my boxes of unlabeled tapes.

Loved watching your videos.

Dang, I missed out on all the fun - my first solo was in a 1929 Stearman, and no one had any video cameras back then.

Ed in MO