Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

A Warrant Officer's Story

2 posts in this topic

Posted

Many years ago during the Vietnam conflict, an older Army Warrant Officer Helicopter Pilot was attending a course of instrusction at Ft. Rucker, AL.  He had already served two tours in Vietnam, and as was his usual routine after class, he went by the Officer's Club for a beer on the way to his quarters.  He went to the Stag Bar of the club where all the officer student pilots usually hang out.  Warrant Officer candidate student pilots could not go to the Officer's Club in those days, so the bar was, as usual, filled with second lieutenants.  One of the stundent officers struck up a conversation with the old Warrant officer, and during the course of the conversation, asked the old Warrant Officer why he had never take a commission as a lieutenant since the Army was handing them out to Warrant Officers.  The Old Warrant Officer replied, "I applied for a commission a few years ago, but was denied."  The lieutenant asked why had the Army denied the application for the commission.  The old Warrant Officer replied, "In the course of reviewing my military personnel files, they discovered that my parents were legally married to each other." 

Posted

lol... good one!  keep em coming.