Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Short video ridgerunning my Avid

12 posts in this topic

Posted

Threw this together today..it's kinda cheezy but thought you guys might enjoy.

Posted

Looks like a heck of a lot of fun to me, two thumbs up!

Posted

Looks like a heck of a lot of fun to me, two thumbs up!

I really love the flight, but I wonder if you light a candle for St Rotax before starting the engine :)

Posted

Hey 4aplat... :funnypostabove:

So is that a dig on 2-strokes or Rotax engines in general? :stirthepot:

:beerchug:

Posted

Hey 4aplat... :funnypostabove:

So is that a dig on 2-strokes or Rotax engines in general? :stirthepot:

:beerchug:

I'm sorry but I don't understand ...........

Posted

People keep saying that. This place is NOTHING compared to the crap we fly over up in Idaho. Maintain your equipment and have faith in your machine. What's the point of flying if all you do is worry about your engine quitting??? I fly for the rush, the freedom, and enjoyment and it's a risk I understand and accept. I don't consider flying across the flatlands at 5000ft from A to B flying it's more like driving. Do you kiss the hood of your car everyday before you drive it?? Driving down the freeway has about 100x better odds for something bad to happen to you than flying does especially in California. I am not trying to sound cocky or anything I am just tired of the 582 bashing all the time.

Posted

People keep saying that. This place is NOTHING compared to the crap we fly over up in Idaho. Maintain your equipment and have faith in your machine. What's the point of flying if all you do is worry about your engine quitting??? I fly for the rush, the freedom, and enjoyment and it's a risk I understand and accept. I don't consider flying across the flatlands at 5000ft from A to B flying it's more like driving. Do you kiss the hood of your car everyday before you drive it?? Driving down the freeway has about 100x better odds for something bad to happen to you than flying does especially in California. I am not trying to sound cocky or anything I am just tired of the 582 bashing all the time.

I broke my first Jabiru when I was a "beginner pilot"

during my flight lessons with my instructor he always chuted off the engine one, two three times or more in half an hour so I lurn how to land anywhere.......... except the threes

I did a lot of work on my jab and I know it will broke in the sky (but I don't know when !!!)

So I always fly with what we call "une vache" (a field of cow) under the plane

as you could see, It's not a matter of rotax !

Posted (edited)

If Orville and Wilbur lived there, we would still be walking!!! Enjoy any flight video. Yes, flatland is boring, but better than driving any day!!!

5000 feet? Gosh, NO - I-m afraid of heights! 500 feet is plenty for me. Just have to miss all those towers that seem to be multiplying by the hundreds.

ED in MO

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted

I once watched a video of some idiot - forget what monoplane he was flying - doing low-level loops. The final shot showed the trees coming thru the prop!!! Quite starteling - think he survived - plane didnt. Believe NSTB had the film.

Ed in MO

Posted

Threw this together today..it's kinda cheezy but thought you guys might enjoy.

Hey Joey, nice video. What camera are you using, I like the fact that it doesn't do strange things with the turning prop.

Paul

Posted

Very cool vid ! I have country similar to that not far from my home field. You guys have to worry about rotors on tha back sides of the larger peaks?

Posted

Very cool vid ! I have country similar to that not far from my home field. You guys have to worry about rotors on tha back sides of the larger peaks?

Yes Sir... Even at only a 3000ft hill it starts at Sea Level and can have a nasty rotor if the conditions are just right. I always fly this country at daylight.