Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

WARP DRIVE VS IVO IFA SETTINGS

3 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

QUESTION for EX-Warp Drive pilots who switched to IVO IFA:

If there are no sandbars or other tight places to get in and out of, how much would your take-off increase if you set a Warp Drive to the cruise pitch that your IVO sets at to give you that extra cruise speed? And, what do you think that setting would be?

I realize that they are not the same prop - if you cycle from take-off to cruise on the ground, you could measure the differences in degrees.

I am mainly talking about Soob, but other comparisons might be helpful.

ED in Land of Long runways

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted

Ed, since my IVO is out of commision for the moment I can't check it for sure at the cruise setting but I will estimate it. With the prop at the flat pitch setting I think my takoff is around 200 to 250 feet. I think the takoff distance with it set for cruise would be around 800 feet

Posted

Ed, since my IVO is out of commision for the moment I can't check it for sure at the cruise setting but I will estimate it. With the prop at the flat pitch setting I think my takoff is around 200 to 250 feet. I think the takoff distance with it set for cruise would be around 800 feet

Thanks for the info Randy. Now that you are using the WD, maybe you could experiment some with it and let me know what the pitches were and the distances and cruise speeds, if you can.

Ed in MO