Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Hudson Fly-in, Talkeetna

6 posts in this topic

Posted

If anyone can make the Hudson Fly-in tomorrow at Talkeetna let me know; I plan to go. The take off and landing "demonstration" is on Sunday but I think a group is going to pick a gravel bar on the Big Su to do a little practice on Saturday. Should be fun.

Randy

Posted

If that SUPER long legged cub is gonna be there, I think we know who the winner will be if he can keep it off the prop! I am at work now so I will miss out on the fun .

:BC:

Posted

You mean the nose diver, Leni?

Posted

If that SUPER long legged cub is gonna be there, I think we know who the winner will be if he can keep it off the prop! I am at work now so I will miss out on the fun .

I heard about that one; something like 31" longer gear.

Posted

I heard about that one; something like 31" longer gear.

Yes, the black nose diver.... 60" long main gear.... on a cub.. DAAAAAAAUM! I saw it flying around when I was up in the valley last time home, thing looks WAY goofy, but it is built for one purpose, use that SQ2 wing and monster fowler flaps. The AOA is ridiculous on landing, but dang does it fly slow!

Posted

I saw the Utube of the nose over landing; it must be a bit hard to stop it from nosing over once it gets started. I talked to Randy Goza who flies one of the SQ2's and he said since they were not able to get to Valdeze this year he had a little friendly competition with this cub and was able to beat him on take off pretty much every time with the SQ2. Nothing like having 200+ hp with nitrous oxide! It might be tough to beat the nose over landing for short though. He said that plane has been on its nose several times. My contribution to the effort was he changed out the 10" TW tire on the SQ2 to the 8" wide matco TW tire I just ordered from him so he could get a little more angle of attack. Shucks, I wanted him to win the TO competition at Valdeze with it so I could sort of point and say "yup, won the Valdeze short takoff competition with that" :lmao: