Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Post pics of your battery box behind the seat

6 posts in this topic

Posted

Upgrading my battery to an Oddessey and moving it behind the seat from the firewall. Looking for some pictures for mounting ideas and wire routing. Show off your handy work!

Posted

I'm still going to get some detail shots for you, Joey, but here is a couple for now...

post-36-13376548923482_thumb.jpg

post-36-13376549452012_thumb.jpg

post-36-13376550636357_thumb.jpg

Posted

Spruce list 2 Odessy 680 batteries, same size - $50 difference in price: What is the difference?

ED in MO

Posted

Spruce list 2 Odessy 680 batteries, same size - $50 difference in price: What is the difference?

ED in MO

there is something like a metal box with one

Posted

I have a few ideas now. I am going to hopefully start this project this evening. I am running out of time before my big Idaho trip.

Posted

Finished up this project tonight. Whew glad the gear and this one is done. I've put about 25 hours into my Avid in the past two weeks in preparation for my 1600 mile Idaho trip. Here's what I came up with for mounting. I used a box that was intended for a race car and then modified another piece as a backplate. I cranked the key and the starter spins about twice as fast as it did with my tired puny 4.4lb ATP battery. I removed everything off the firewall. The new battery is 11.1lbs. It didn't change my CG much but with my airplane anything behind the CG is a good thing as I'm way farther forward than I'd like to be.

Battery.jpg