Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Cariboo Mountains B.C.

8 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Went for a cool overnight trip last weekend on Quenel lake B.C. and snapped a few pics,wish I would got a picture of the mountain strip but my hands were full for the first time in there :bugeyes:

post-282-13386151978867_thumb.jpg

post-282-13386152982126_thumb.jpg

post-282-13386153499006_thumb.jpg

post-282-13386154327109_thumb.jpg

post-282-13386154809463_thumb.jpg

post-282-13386155449635_thumb.jpg

post-282-133868436249_thumb.jpg

post-282-13386846331216_thumb.jpg

post-282-13386846708072_thumb.jpg

post-282-13386847856609_thumb.jpg

Edited by Marshawk

Posted

Sweet pics! Looks like a great trip!

:BC:

Posted

Thanks ,I put a duplicate in there so took that one out and added a couple more :hammerhead:

Posted

Beautiful pics Willis! I went heli-hiking years ago in the Caribou and Bugaboo mountain ranges as a teen with my father, a rather spectacular treat at the time. Of course, it must be even more exhilarating to fly there in your own plane and camp amid Nature's splendor.

Posted

Very cool pics and beautiful country Willis. How long of a trip was it and what elevation is it where you landed?

Posted

Very cool pics and beautiful country Willis. How long of a trip was it and what elevation is it where you landed?

Thanks Doug and Randy,We kinda cheated on the camp since my flying buddy had a key to a cabin,I was pretty happy about that since there was huge piles of Bear and moose droppings evey 50 feet or so :shitfan:

The strip was only around 3500 ft about 1000 ft above the lake so we had to hike down to the cabin,(were all the bear shit was )very beautiful country about 1 hr and 20 minutes from my place.

P.S. Got the soob running last night for the first time since I bought the fat avid project, man did it sound mean ,can't wait to get that bird in the air hopefully by fall.

Posted

Thanks Doug and Randy,We kinda cheated on the camp since my flying buddy had a key to a cabin,I was pretty happy about that since there was huge piles of Bear and moose droppings evey 50 feet or so :shitfan:

The strip was only around 3500 ft about 1000 ft above the lake so we had to hike down to the cabin,(were all the bear shit was )very beautiful country about 1 hr and 20 minutes from my place.

P.S. Got the soob running last night for the first time since I bought the fat avid project, man did it sound mean ,can't wait to get that bird in the air hopefully by fall.

Most Excellent! We are going to have quite a group of Fat Avid and Sooby Runners soon.

Nothing like an overnight out in the middle of bear scat. Reminds me of my first year in AK; I couldn't wait a year to get my residency to hunt so I bought an out of state caribou tag and bow hunted on the haul road north of the Brooks Range. I had never seen so many grizzlies just wandering around. It was always exciting walking down to the Sag River in the evening to pump water (not dark that time of year though), but the brush willows all around kept you on edge.:unsure:

Posted

Great pictures! Looks like a heck of a good time. Us flat landers over here on the east side of Alberta only dream about being able to play in the mountains. Maybe this summer i'll have time to make a trip to BC. Have some relatives in Summerland that need visiting.

Keep posting those pictures. Its great inspiration to the rest of us!

D