Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Fun-Fun

30 posts in this topic

Posted

TKF is getting crazy again. I will probably get fired from modding and get banned for not towing the party line...

:ididntdoit:

Posted

TKF is getting crazy again. I will probably get fired from modding and get banned for not towing the party line...

Welcome to the club! Not politically or TKF correct: probably have a bounty out for me? AKFlyer is unpopular with the site too!

Now, what toes did you step on?

ED in MO

Posted

A guy asked if a Kitfox would make a good commuter to fly across Florida on a daily basis...

I gave an honest answer. :flamegun:

Posted

You'd better be careful, too Doug. You mentioned a aircraft company not Kitfox...

Posted

A guy asked if a Kitfox would make a good commuter to fly across Florida on a daily basis...

Ya they don't take too well to it when you give them answers they don't want to hear.

Posted

Hence me playing here most of the time! An why I wont put up any adds. If its a spade I call it a spade. These planes we fly are a shit ton of FUN, but are NOT your normal every day CC aircraft (by todays standards).

:BC:

Welcome to the club! Not politically or TKF correct: probably have a bounty out for me? AKFlyer is unpopular with the site too!

Now, what toes did you step on?

ED in MO

I am unpopular with any site that cant handle a little raw truth. Getting banned from the Matronics list is what spawned this site... staying banned from the matronics list was alot of fun for awhile :lol: The moderators got to learn how much fun proxy servers can be for hiding your IP and just how many accounts I can make in one day and post from was alot of fun... I still take a "field trip" every now and again to the other sites just to let them know I still dont mind kicking the hornets nest :lmao:

Posted

Oh you are so naughty, imagine giving such an opinion... what were you thinking?! :hammerhead:

FWIW, what you say obviously made perfect sense to a lot of other KF owners. I think DF4 got his panties all in a bunch on this one, kinda made an ass out of himself IMHO.

Posted

Oh you are so naughty, imagine giving such an opinion... what were you thinking?! hammerhead.gif

FWIW, what you say obviously made perfect sense to a lot of other KF owners. I think DF4 got his panties all in a bunch on this one, kinda made an ass out of himself IMHO.

The mods over there tend to get the panties in the crack and the manpons stuck when ever anyone makes a suggestion that a kitfox, for any reason, is not the best bird out there for any mission. I have a hard time beliveing that they are not out lobbying the airforce to dump the F22's and just hang missle racks on the struts of the KF! Oh, and make sure that they only use the 912 for carrier operations! :lol:

Posted (edited)

NO KIDDING? OH SHIT! I built my "Almost Kitfox" to commute from Missouri to Alaska on weekends!

So, now I have to build a Learjet????

ED in MO

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted

Just hang a pair of Williams turbofans under the wings and you are set. Right at the strut mount is good and strong.

Posted

damn Larry, you are such a bad guy. I cant belive that they let you be a moderator, you are so off the hook in the way that you think. Just what the hell were you thinking anyways? No reason to ever put personal experience or opinion into answering a question over there :lol: Sorry.. I wont egg you on anymore. To bad one of the moderators over there does not have the name redrocket... We had one of those on a snowmnachine forum I USED to hang out on. I found a nice lil south park skit on youtube and posted it to him :lmao: They did not see the humor in it and banned the entire north slope IP addys from the site... suddenly there were 400 people trying to figure out why they could no longer log onto the website from work hahahahahaha

Posted (edited)

Just hang a pair of Williams turbofans under the wings and you are set. Right at the strut mount is good and strong.

I have already added two 12 volt ducted fans to the struts, but may have to add another alternator to fire them off.

JATO is nice too, for sandbar TO's. (please note: Neither of these are "authorized mods"!!!!)

Will the FAA consider mine a "multi-engine", or just "lift augmentation"???

ED in MO

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted

You survived the brow beating huh :lol:

Posted

I guess, for now...

The posting I started about the 3rd class medical comment period helped, maybe? Link

Posted

I guess, for now...

The posting I started about the 3rd class medical comment period helped, maybe? Link

I dont mean to start a "firestorm", but disagree with doing away with the 3rd Med for a 4 place plane.

I would be OK with a 2 place, and under 200 mph.

To put "back seat captives" at risk, possibly children, is asking too much.

That is just my opinion. can that be put in the comments?

ED in MO

Posted

I dont mean to start a "firestorm", but disagree with doing away with the 3rd Med for a 4 place plane.

ED in MO

So what is the difference between having one kid in the front, or two in the back, or in the case of tandem 1 in the back.

Not everyone can be accomodated or pleased. I would rather see 80% of the GA pilots benefit from this ruling versus 10 or 20%. This is a baby step progression process. We got LSA, Sport pilot, rec pilot, now as they are learning that if they relax a tad planes and pilots are not just falling out of the sky. The feds get a warm fuzzy and they give us a little more rope at a time until they figure out at what length we decide to hang ourselves. I pray that at that point they just pull the slack out of the rope and dont knee jerk and take the rope away all together.

Posted

ED in MO

I look at it this way: You self evaluate your medical condition every time you drive a car or truck. Every time you drive down a two lane highway you are passing other cars within inches, with closing speeds in excess of 100 mph. This is statistically far more dangerous than flying. Flying an aircraft, even a fully loaded Cherokee 6 or A36 Bonanza is far less risky (in VFR conditions) than those senile old geezers hurtling down the highway in a 40,000 lb. motor-home.

If you (rhetorical) are not comfortable with your kids in the back, don't take them, or maintain your medical. Personally, I think it is an unnecessary redundancy that serves no purpose than maintaining a bloated government bureaucracy.

IFR or Commercial operations are a different story.

Posted

I don't remember meeting you in my motorhome.

Which freeway was it?

Posted

I don't remember meeting you in my motorhome.

Which freeway was it?

hahahahaha :lol:funnypostabove.gif

Posted

I look at it this way: You self evaluate your medical condition every time you drive a car or truck. Every time you drive down a two lane highway you are passing other cars within inches, with closing speeds in excess of 100 mph. This is statistically far more dangerous than flying. Flying an aircraft, even a fully loaded Cherokee 6 or A36 Bonanza is far less risky (in VFR conditions) than those senile old geezers hurtling down the highway in a 40,000 lb. motor-home.

If you (rhetorical) are not comfortable with your kids in the back, don't take them, or maintain your medical. Personally, I think it is an unnecessary redundancy that serves no purpose than maintaining a bloated government bureaucracy.

IFR or Commercial operations are a different story.

Yeh, and those senile old geezers flying a Cherokee or Bannanna at 200 IAS with grandkids on board?

I just found out that my 6 year chauffers license is only good for 3 years after age 70!

I do think that the 3rd so often is BS - should be 5 or 10 years, and none for a 2 place.

I got deferred by a SOB after flying 30 years for a heart murmer I had since I was 7.

Next Doc passed me with no problem: (After big $$$ spent on unneeded medical tests).

ED in MO

Posted

I didn't start it, but as many people should see this post as possible before it "disappears".

Link

Not the first time I've heard this or seen it myself...

Posted

I dont think I would have walked away..however, I would also have been looking but not touching unless I had been doing a walk around the plane with KF staff in tow answering my questions as I looked n touched n drooled. I think John has the same type personality that I do, so we would probly butt heads right off the bat, then go have a good time over some adult refreshments after a great day of flying..

I know the few times I talked to him on the phone, I was not intersted on him telling me that it could NOT be done, but how I COULD be done. I made do for myself..

Posted

I wouldn't have walked away, either. It may not have gone well, but I certainly would not have backed down. I don't respond well to being treated like a child.

The impression that I and most other people get from John is he is an arrogant ass. Once you know this, you then know how to deal with him. Most of the noises that come out of his mouth are pure blow-hard. There is experience and knowledge, too, but you have to sift out the rest. Deb, his wife, on the other hand is just as knowledgeable (if not more) and easy to converse with.

Posted

No need to hold back Larry, tell us what you really think :lmao: The reply John posted was not exactly what I would think a guy that is looking to drain your wallet of a huge chunk of change would post. Half hearted at best. :news: Of course, it could be that they are so far behind on making kits, that he really does not care if he is loosing a customer here and there :dunno:

Posted

Well, I was kinda waiting to see where this went before adding my .02. The bottom line is we both need each other and there has to be some acknowledgement of that in the way we interact.

My first contact with John was a call to Kitfox for help when installing KF slip-in wing tanks in my Avid Mk-IV wings (they came with the kit). Shall we just say, like Leni, I found him unwilling to help and close to being downright dismissive and disrespectful. It was a short call and I was much less than impressed.

My second contact with John was in the KF tent at OSH later that year. I made the mistake of recounting the earlier conversation and further saying I was interested in modifying or upgrading my Avid using even more parts from the Skystar designed KF sourced from him. Again, OSH may have been 95*F OAT at that moment but it was icy cold chilly in the tent. I had hoped that my in-person meeting might fare better than the phone call but, fact is, the first two times I had occasion to speak directly with him left me with a distinctly negative opinion of the man. Hell of a way to run a business I thought...

Fast forward several years... I have since bought and rebuilt two Kitfoxes and had need to purchase parts for each. My first call to the factory was fielded by Deb and, as Larry says, I found her to be very personable and helpful. On the second call John picked up the phone and, unlike my prior contacts with him, he readily exchanged pleasantries and was more than willing to proactively offer any help and knowledge related to my needs. It really was such a contrast, like he started taking his medication again or something, the polar opposite of our earlier contacts.

So even though my first impressions of John were extremely poor and rubbed me wrong, I really have nothing but good to say about both of my subsequent experiences. Perhaps that is because I was dropping $100 dollar bill$ in their lap, or they were not otherwise preoccupied with other priorities or under the stress of attending an airshow. I know they run on a lean staff and I do feel sympathy for anyone spending 12-18 hours in a hot tent for several days answering the same questions over and over, watching inconsiderate and clueless jerks muck around with their ride home.

Let's face it, just what percentage of the folks they interact with actually drop the big bucks for a new kit? Personally, I would find it hard to force a smile every minute of each day under similar circumstances, particularly after I've put those big 'ol 'Please Do Not Touch!' signs on the chains across the door openings... :rolleyes: