Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Fathers Day Fly in BBQ

3 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

There was a Fathers Day fly in / drive in BBQ in Lloydminster today. The forecast was terrible and I woke up to pouring rain. I went back to bed and when I got up later it was clearing so I thought lets go for lunch.

I chased the rain to Lloyd and got to play with come Strato Cumulus clouds on the way. Rain was heavy to the north and good skies to the south. Was a fun day and the local flight school gave cheap rides and had about 150 people experience the thrill of flight. They got shut down for about 45 min while a thunderstorm rolled through but other than that it was a good time. Due to the forecast and bad weather early on, I was one of about 5 aircraft that flew in. I thought it was great that this little Avid flew in and all the expensive planes hid in their hangars for fear of rain and low cloud.

Here's a short video of me skipping over the edge of a straggling stratocumulus cloud.

Darcy

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=jsM160iuGwk

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/jsM160iuGwk?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Edited by Alberta Avidator

Posted

Great video!

Posted

I tried loading the vid lastnight but the com. system at work is fading in and out. I gave up after 2 hrs. I will try it again today! It is kinda funny that you pointed out your lil Avid making it, but the bigger planes stayed home. I have done that several times, and only once did I wish I had stayed home too :lol: Night flying a river bed in a snow storm with trees 20' off the wing tip just to keep them in sight was not my idea of a great time :lmao:

:BC: