Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

transponder

5 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi all

I will install a second hand Becker atc2000 a/c in my avid

There's no way to add it on the dashboard and the onliest location I can use is between the foot pilot / passenger (I will have to find a new location for the radio)

trans.jpg

is there anyone with such an experience ?

regards

MicheL

Posted (edited)

As I believe your Becker ATC2000 is about the same as my Microair 2000, I would recommend removing that 3¼ Slip indicator, and use a reducer plate in it's place to mount the transponder. Then use an add-on Slip indicator mounted on the bottom of the Airspeed indicator.

Dave

Edit on 27 June: My mistake, I confused it eith other 2½ units, and also just noticed the slip indicator ia 2½ also.

Edited by Dave B

Posted

I would have to agree with Dave B on this otherwise you will have to have it hanging down in the way. Dave where would one go about purchasing one of these add on slip indicators? part# ?

Posted

I would have to agree with Dave B on this otherwise you will have to have it hanging down in the way. Dave where would one go about purchasing one of these add on slip indicators? part# ?

Hi

the slip indicator can be found at "aircraft Spruce"

the ATC 2000 can't fit a 3 1/4 hole

4lercxeb8h.jpg

Posted (edited)

Is there not enough room to widen the hole up a bit to make it fit? another option may be to still replace the slip indicator move the gauge on the far left into the spot where your slip indicator currently is so that you can put your radio on the far left of the IP and then mount the transponder where your radio currently is.

Edited by High Country