KOSH

18 posts in this topic

Posted

Off direct KOSH.

When are some of you lazy bastards gonna make that trip?? :stirthepot:

Posted

Off direct KOSH.

When are some of you lazy bastards gonna make that trip?? stirthepot.gif

I will one of these days! Work be kicking my ass right now. This is the LAST damn time I sign up for extra time. 5 weeks at a time in the god forsaken north is TOO DAMN MUCH! I will be going to 3 weeks on 3 weeks off starting August 16th so I will have more time to play and get out and about.

:BC:

Posted

I am going to skip Idaho for this trip next year. Leni you in?

Posted

Going Wednesday will be at flaperon fly in Thursday, c u there!Bryce

Posted

I am going to skip Idaho for this trip next year. Leni you in?

I am in if the good lords willing and the creek dont rise! Not sure if I would skip JC though.. Momma here is pretty adamant that we get out and about and do some oif the things I have been holding off on the last few years, and heading down for a few of the big fly in's is at the top of our list. Course, that is all dependent on if a lil present happens to show up around that time frame too. :BC:

Posted

New project! WAAAAAAAA. :beerchug:

Posted

New project! WAAAAAAAA. beerchug.gif

First is project "dont pass out" standing up front n center under an archway on October 6th :lol:

Posted

First is project "dont pass out" standing up front n center under an archway on October 6th :lol:

Holy fuque, Leni! Again?

Posted

Holy fuque, Leni! Again?

yep :lol: It will only be #2 :lmao:

party.gif

Posted (edited)

yep :lol: It will only be #2 :lmao:

party.gif

NEWBIES - NEWBIES ! #4 HERE - No wonder why I'M broke !

But took years to do that. Dang, now what was the name of that #2 ????

Just like airplanes - got to keep trying until you get one that flys good!!!

ED

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted

My flying partner called me from Kosh today - said it was really hot camping, but great show.

106F here in Mizery today

ED in MO

Posted

Had 102 here at KOSH yesterday. Rain overnight and cooler today ~85 ish. Looking for rain tonight and tomorrow then much nicer the rest of the week.

Leni- you're right you should never come here. You'd melt. Joey might make it but your bloods too thick up there in ak.

Posted

Had 102 here at KOSH yesterday. Rain overnight and cooler today ~85 ish. Looking for rain tonight and tomorrow then much nicer the rest of the week.

Leni- you're right you should never come here. You'd melt. Joey might make it but your bloods too thick up there in ak.

At 102 the only place you would find me is in the float pond with a cooler full of cold ones :lol: I will make it down there though one of these days, soon!

It was 77 here at the top of the world yesterday and I was uncomfortable. The sun beaming down on the office had it about 85 in here and it SUCKED. No AC in the office so it was a good day to jump in the truck and cruise around with the AC cranked.

Posted

NEWBIES - NEWBIES ! #4 HERE - No wonder why I'M broke !

But took years to do that. Dang, now what was the name of that #2 huh.gif?

Just like airplanes - got to keep trying until you get one that flys good!!!

ED

I am just happy to find one that does not out perform my Avid on her broom! :lmao: Last one I had could fly the hell outta that broom. Hell she did manuvers on it that would make Kirby jealous. :lol:

Posted

At 102 the only place you would find me is in the float pond with a cooler full of cold ones :lol: I will make it down there though one of these days, soon!

It was 77 here at the top of the world yesterday and I was uncomfortable. The sun beaming down on the office had it about 85 in here and it SUCKED. No AC in the office so it was a good day to jump in the truck and cruise around with the AC cranked.

you must drive an "Outside" truck - Real Alaska trucks dont have AC, just like Florida trucks dont have heaters.

107 in St. Louis today. Cabin fever setting in (under the AC)

ED in Mizery

Posted

77!!!! Is that hot? Leni, what's the hottest you remember and what is a hot day for ya'll? We were at 97 degree and probably 90% humidity :flame: . I don't even want to go attempt to go flying! Just sitting in the ac dreaming about fall and flying in some cool crisp air! Bryce

Posted

77!!!! Is that hot? Leni, what's the hottest you remember and what is a hot day for ya'll? We were at 97 degree and probably 90% humidity :flame: . I don't even want to go attempt to go flying! Just sitting in the ac dreaming about fall and flying in some cool crisp air! Bryce

They are stripped down to T-shirts in Alaska by the time it hits 40F. 77 was about hottest I saw it in Anchorage, but Fairbanks gets real hot, like 90 or more - Morel mushrooms grow there and they dont grow under about 80F. Hottest in Barrow is about 45F.

Sitting here in 107F watching the grass and trees dying. Dreaming about getting into the bird and watching the frost form on the inside of the windsheild. Cabin fever and AC bills until then.

ED in MO

Posted

77!!!! Is that hot? Leni, what's the hottest you remember and what is a hot day for ya'll? We were at 97 degree and probably 90% humidity flame.gif . I don't even want to go attempt to go flying! Just sitting in the ac dreaming about fall and flying in some cool crisp air! Bryce

We get into the mid 80. The GF just sent me a pic and the truck said it was 86 at noon today. Anything over 72-75 sends me looking for shade.

Where I work is about 5 miles from the Arctic Ocean, so hitting the upper 70s, low 80s is damn hot. The carribou seem to hate it cause it really brings out the damn skeeters!

Last time I was in OK, it was 102 and 100% humidity... this lil AK boy stayed in the hotel room in front of the AC with the blanket wrapped around me to hold the cold in! :lol:

I get pretty spoiled flying pretty much at sea level and 65-70 degree temps. I dont have to worry much about density altitude here unless I am going to play up on the high mountain lakes. My first time on floats in the mountains was a REAL eye opener!