Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Alaska WX

6 posts in this topic

Posted

How's the weather up in Soldotna, AK today?  I talked to Eddie Trimmer up at Willow, AK last night.  He said they have no snow on the ground and that the temperature was at +40 degrees.  Kind of strange for this time of the year.  He said it had snowed earlier, but had all melted.

John Hart

Posted

real weird..we should have a few feet of snow.. the most we had was 7" last week, but now it is high 30's and raining.. no snow left..  :banghead:

Oh well, that just means I get one more crack at duck and geese when I get home next week if it stays warm...Would really like to start riding the sled one of these days soon.

Posted

Good luck on the duck hunt!  I sure enjoyed that down around the headwaters of the Susitna while I was in AK.  I used to go with the guy I worked part-time for.  He had a duck camp out there complete with floating cabin and propane heat.  We used to fly in to it with a C-185 on amphibs, and spend a week or so.  We would also fly over to another small lake and hunt from a blind.  Lot's of fun, and too much beer!

John Hart

Posted

Good luck on the duck hunt!  I sure enjoyed that down around the headwaters of the Susitna while I was in AK.  I used to go with the guy I worked part-time for.  He had a duck camp out there complete with floating cabin and propane heat.  We used to fly in to it with a C-185 on amphibs, and spend a week or so.  We would also fly over to another small lake and hunt from a blind.  Lot's of fun, and too much beer!

John Hart

There is no such thing as too much beer on a hunt!  That is basic man 101.  I have not hunted the susitna flats, but I give the redoubt flats hell every chance I get!

Leni

Posted

Damn!  What was I thinking when I said "Lot's of fun, and too much beer!" ?  (I guess I WASN'T thinking.) :beerchug:  I shoulda said ALMOST enough beer.

John Hart

Posted

That is one hting that kinda sucks for me over there... no cabin at this time so no sitting in the blind and having a few toddies... gotta fly in and out so it is coffe or Monster energy drinks till I get home!

One of these days I will get a cabin over there, but the feds have made it pretty much impossible.. you have to inherit one that is existing no new construction..