Contributing Membership??

31 posts in this topic

Posted

Hey guys,

Wellas you know the site was down yesterday do to a move to the new server. The site went from pennys a day to host to dollars a day. What do you guys think about having the option to become a "contributing member" Not much, 10 or 15 bucks a year, just to help me offset the new costs of the site. I am tossing around the idea of having some shirts and hats made up too, any one interested??

I wont deal with putting up those damn pop up ads that piss me off or accepting manufactures ads.

This site is for the builders and flyers and for open and honest discussions and product evaluations, not some toned down politically correct product review. If a product sucks, we can say it sucks and you will never be moderated here for an open and honest opinion.

Let me know what ya think or if I need to go out and find a second job :lol:

:BC:

Posted

Hey guys,

Wellas you know the site was down yesterday do to a move to the new server. The site went from pennys a day to host to dollars a day. What do you guys think about having the option to become a "contributing member" Not much, 10 or 15 bucks a year, just to help me offset the new costs of the site. I am tossing around the idea of having some shirts and hats made up too, any one interested??

I wont deal with putting up those damn pop up ads that piss me off or accepting manufactures ads.

This site is for the builders and flyers and for open and honest discussions and product evaluations, not some toned down politically correct product review. If a product sucks, we can say it sucks and you will never be moderated here for an open and honest opinion.

Let me know what ya think or if I need to go out and find a second job :lol:

:BC:If its that little of an amount count me in,just let me know how to make the payment.Its worth it to me just for some of the information. Randy

Posted

Leni,

Thanks for this site! Count me in! Where do i send the $? This is the most useful site of them all! If you do hats, get some for overgrown well fed Americans, I'm sick of the these little things that fit kids and small people! I want a man size hat-maybe trucker style! Thanks, Bryce

Posted

I'm in. Let us know how you want to process.

Posted

Thanks guys. I will look into it, I know there is a way for me to set it up so its an option in your profile to click a link n do the paypal thing. If you dont use paypal and would rather send a check just send one to

Leonard Perry

35795 Forerunner St

Soldotna AK 99669

Hmmm trucker hats huh, do I have to put the naked chrome lady on the tail too?? :lmao:

I will look into it with a few of the local tee shirt shops and see what its going to run for the art work etc.

I will set up a separate "private" forum that will be for contributing members only so we can poke fun a the guests :lol: just kidding, but it will be a lil something that will help you have a little site ownership and help direct where this site goes in the future!

Posted

I'm in for the site - not so much for shirts or hats.

Last logoed T-shirt i wore said, "Gas, Grass, or Ass - no free rides" !!!

Whoops, forgot about the one from Watson Lake, Canada....

ED in MO

Posted (edited)

You just let me know where to send the funds...Play-pal works best for me...but can do a check if you need it now. I was a longstanding member of a forum {Holography} with the owner having views like yours....every one donated $10/year and all was good. I am all for this site staying....its a great place......with no BS. :BC:

As far as swag goes.... what about a decal? One that would find it's way to a back glass of you truck or in the hangar?

Edited by Tree top pilot

Posted

Now we have an address where we can drop in unannounced, drink all your beer, clog your toilet and then leave before you get home from the slope.

Posted

I am in!

Posted

Leni,

Let me know how you want to work it. Paypal ok with me.

Jackak

Posted

Now we have an address where we can drop in unannounced, drink all your beer, clog your toilet and then leave before you get home from the slope.

Drop by, but I am sure momma gonna make damn good and sure you clean the toilet before ya leave, if you drink all the beer in the house, chances are your getting hauled out on a stretcher! and if ya think you can keep up with her your a better man than I am :lmao::lol:

Posted

Yuuup!

Posted

Yuuup!

Count me in as well on the contrabution and it only takes a few beer now adays to put me on the stretcher :party:

Posted (edited)

You just let me know where to send the funds...Play-pal works best for me...but can do a check if you need it now. I was a longstanding member of a forum {Holography} with the owner having views like yours....every one donated $10/year and all was good. I am all for this site staying....its a great place......with no BS. :BC:

As far as swag goes.... what about a decal? One that would find it's way to a back glass of you truck or in the hangar?

Second the motion on Decal, or bumper snicker.

On third thought - Just a Decal - hard to find a place for a bumper snicker on the birds !

ED in MO

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted

I'm in.

Posted

Leni,

Let us know when you get a membership price figured out - Hate to write 2 checks and buy 2 stamps for one payment.

ED in MO

Posted (edited)

Hey guys,

Let me know what ya think or if I need to go out and find a second job smilielol.gif

Name your price, I'm in.

Russ. N844RS

BC.gif

Edited by Russ.

Posted

Hey Leni,

Sorry I have been out of touch on the forum since I have been trying to get some hunting in. Let me know when you frigure out the price. Yopu can't beat this forum and the group!;)

Posted (edited)

Hey Leni,

Sorry I have been out of touch on the forum since I have been trying to get some hunting in. Let me know when you frigure out the price. Yopu can't beat this forum and the group!;)

I wondered if you got stuck on the North Slope or somewhere, or just got tired of us - missed your input - cant seem to get any engineering/building opinions lately - just asking questions and doing more than my share of posting - getting tired of reading my own posts - probably everyone else getting tired of reading them too. How about checking out my post on WING STRUT SIZES in Technical posts?

ED in MO

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted

I wondered if you got stuck on the North Slope or somewhere, or just got tired of us - missed your input - <snip>

Maybe you missed the news Ed, Leni found his self a snake oil lover and is fixin' to get hitched. Probably got the poor guy all wrapped now, we'll be lucky if she leaves him alone long enough to check in once or twice a week!

Posted

Maybe you missed the news Ed, Leni found his self a snake oil lover and is fixin' to get hitched. Probably got the poor guy all wrapped now, we'll be lucky if she leaves him alone long enough to check in once or twice a week!

I thought I was telling that to Randy about missing his inputs - Sometimes we Soobies get lonely amoung all the Rotaxites.

Expect Leni to have "Newbyitis" like most with all the hormones flowing..........He will be back someday - or night !!!!

Ed in MO

Posted

To the guys that sent in checks, thanks for the help! I appreciate it. you ever get up this way, beer and flying is on me (but that goes without saying to everyone on this forum!)

Posted

To the guys that sent in checks, thanks for the help! I appreciate it. you ever get up this way, beer and flying is on me (but that goes without saying to everyone on this forum!)

:BC:/>

Its totally worth it for me,theres a butt load of info on this site and its been helpful.Randy

Posted

Its totally worth it for me,theres a butt load of info on this site and its been helpful.Randy

:BC: Glad its helping you guys, thats why I keep putting up with the hackers and the head aches :lol:

Posted

:BC:/> Glad its helping you guys, thats why I keep putting up with the hackers and the head aches :lol:/>

Hi Leni did you get a Paypal site up for donations