AVID WINGTIPS FOR SALE

20 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

AVID WINGTIPS - PAIR, With light mounts riveted & glued, drilled for lights, Foam filled, never painted.

One of Tips has tube cut at end of wing, but can be spliced, otherwise, no damage.

$75 plus shipping, obo.

ED in MO

These are now SOLD

ED in MO

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted

AVID WINGTIPS - PAIR, With light mounts riveted & glued, drilled for lights, Foam filled, never painted.

One of Tips has tube cut at end of wing, but can be spliced, otherwise, no damage.

$75 plus shipping, obo.

ED in MO

Hello Ed,

I am interested in your tips. I am in process of covering both wings on my Avid Mark 4 STOL, do you think yours would fit ?

Bill Poore

Payson AZ

Cell: 928-978-5723

Posted (edited)

Hello Ed,

I am interested in your tips. I am in process of covering both wings on my Avid Mark 4 STOL, do you think yours would fit ?

Bill Poore

Payson AZ

Cell: 928-978-5723

Not sure - Better ask one of the Avid flyers - I am Kitfox builder. BUT, would guess since all Avid spars are same distance apart, that these should work on any wing.

ED in MO

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted

I would guess, since all Avid and Kitfox spars are the same distance apart, that the Avid or Kitfox tips would fit any model, except that my Kitfox tips are for the undercambered wings only?

ED in MO

Posted

$75 plus shipping, obo.

ED in MO

Ed

I am ready to buy your wingtips. I am almost ready to cover the wings. Some Questions

1.when could you have boxed up and ready to ship ?

2.how much freight ? (I know you won't know til you ship)

3.how can I get money to you quickly ? (I don't want to spend as much to get money to you as tips cost)

Pls let me know

Bill Poore

Payson AZ

Posted

$75 plus shipping, obo.

ED in MO

Ed

I can send money online to you and you would have it in minutes for approx $17.00 using Western Union.

Bill

Posted (edited)

Ed

I can send money online to you and you would have it in minutes for approx $17.00 using Western Union.

Bill

Bill,

I had rather let you send me a check or postal money order by usps after I find out what the postage will be. Cheaper for you that way. Send me a private message and give me your address and I will start boxing tomorrow. I got these without the trailing edges, so will search my used stock and if I find some TE material I will include it for you.

BTW: If you want tips without lights, you can cover the mounts solid with fabric, then if you want to add lights later on, you can open up the holes thru the fabric and mount your lights.

ED in MO

P.S. pay no attention to my posting times - think I am listed as in Outer Gonwanda Land, or some ancient continent. !!!

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted

Bill,

I had rather let you send me a check or postal money order by usps after I find out what the postage will be. Cheaper for you that way. Send me a private message and give me your address and I will start boxing tomorrow. I got these without the trailing edges, so will search my used stock and if I find some TE material I will include it for you.

BTW: If you want tips without lights, you can cover the mounts solid with fabric, then if you want to add lights later on, you can open up the holes thru the fabric and mount your lights.

ED in MO

P.S. pay no attention to my posting times - think I am listed as in Outer Gonwanda Land, or some ancient continent. !!!

Hi Ed,not sure how to send private message so here goes:

Bill Poore

716 South Ridgeway Lane

Payson AZ 85541

Posted

Hi Ed

Go ahead and give me your address so I will be ready to send a cashiers check.

Bill

Posted

Bill,

ED in MO

Hi Ed,don't worry about TE material. I am replacing about 6' of my trailing edge due to hangar rash anyway. I will probably run wire to lights and cover with fabric then add lights later. Once you get boxed up and give me ship cost I will send you a fast UPS letter with cashiers check !!

Bill

Posted

Hi Ed,don't worry about TE material. I am replacing about 6' of my trailing edge due to hangar rash anyway. I will probably run wire to lights and cover with fabric then add lights later. Once you get boxed up and give me ship cost I will send you a fast UPS letter with cashiers check !!

Bill

At my age, FAST is only time passing by - dont sweat it - mail us OK - I'll be here when it gets here. Got to find or make a box 24 x 36 - looking for a place to buy one now., I'm gone.....

ED in MO

Posted

That's great news Ed. Soon as you get boxes & know shipping amount let me know and I will send a letter by UPS with cashiers check.

Thanks Much

Bill

Posted

That's great news Ed. Soon as you get boxes & know shipping amount let me know and I will send a letter by UPS with cashiers check.

Thanks Much

Bill

Bill,

I know you are wanting to get these asap - but send check by mail when you get ready - I called and looked and finally scrounged at a dumpster to find a box - going to do some major surgery on it to try to get it small enough for post office - If that fails, then will go to UPS tomorrow to ship. Will let you know shipping costs.

Thanks,

ED in MO

Posted

Bill,

I know you are wanting to get these asap - but send check by mail when you get ready - I called and looked and finally scrounged at a dumpster to find a box - going to do some major surgery on it to try to get it small enough for post office - If that fails, then will go to UPS tomorrow to ship. Will let you know shipping costs.

Thanks,

ED in MO

Thanks Ed for letting me send a check. Good luck finding boxes. It may be easier to send in 2 boxes ?

Bill

PS don't forget to give me your address

PS what Kitfox wilth what engine are you working on ?

Posted (edited)

Thanks Ed for letting me send a check. Good luck finding boxes. It may be easier to send in 2 boxes ?

Bill

PS don't forget to give me your address

PS what Kitfox wilth what engine are you working on ?

Long Story - got hooked with a wrecked KF1 about 16 years ago when graduating from AMT college - now rebuildfing/modifying Kitfox 4/5/99 clone to a trigear with flaps & ailerons and extended leading edge with EA-81 Subaru.......Left out a lot.......

Bottom Line: Really wish I had gotten a Rans S6 years ago.

ED in MO

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted

Hi Ed, finally sent your check. About the time you sent them 2 things happened. I got very sick and ended up in emergency room. Then when I recovered a little my computer went south so could not recaver your address. Theln when got computer going your address was gone. When package arrrived it had your address on it. Looks like I will be able to use all the mounting tubes and I will splice the one which is cut.

Thanks, Bill

Posted

Hi Ed, finally sent your check. About the time you sent them 2 things happened. I got very sick and ended up in emergency room. Then when I recovered a little my computer went south so could not recaver your address. Theln when got computer going your address was gone. When package arrrived it had your address on it. Looks like I will be able to use all the mounting tubes and I will splice the one which is cut.

Thanks, Bill

Thanks for letting me know - was wondering what happened, or if you got the tips - Got a virus myself - went to Doc yesterday and told him that if I was sick, I would go home and rest - but if I was dying, I had a hell of a lot of things to do first.

Glad the tips will work and help you get your bird built.

ED in MO

Posted

Hi Ed, Installed the first wingtip, The RH one. It was so easy, all the work was already done. It is much stronger than the bow tip and better looking. I will cover over the light holders with fabric and install thelm later. I will find out what wiris to install and run wires now before I cover the wing. Thank you.

Bill

Posted

Hi Ed, Installed the first wingtip, The RH one. It was so easy, all the work was already done. It is much stronger than the bow tip and better looking. I will cover over the light holders with fabric and install thelm later. I will find out what wiris to install and run wires now before I cover the wing. Thank you.

Bill

Always good to hear that maybe I have helped a builder getting his bird finished.

Good Building,

ED in MO

Posted

Always good to hear that maybe I have helped a builder getting his bird finished.

Good Building,

ED in MO

Hi Ed, got the other tip installed. IL spliced it like you said using 7/8" tube glued and riveted. I am very pleased with result.

Bill in AZ