Nice Avid for sale on Barnstormers cheap

14 posts in this topic

Posted

AVID FLYER MK IV STOL $14,500 • DON'T MISS OUT • Avid Flyer Mark IV STOL. This aircraft is very clean aircraft with low hours. STOL wings, Airdale wide gear with reinforced bunge truss, tundra tires and standard tires with matching wheel pants, Rotax 582 Blue head with third additional radiator on bottom of fuselodge and high altitude compensation carborator kit. Fiberglass seat with new interior seat and cushions with custom embroidery. Garmin 195 GPS and also new heavy duity tail spring with VG's on the wings. You will not find a nicer Avid with this may extras for this price. $14,500.00 • Contact Lonnie J. Steverson - STEVERSON AVIATION located New Hebron, MS USA • Telephone: 601-466-4959 . 601-792-4104 . 601-792-2243 • Fax: 601-792-4103 • Posted August 10, 2012 •

Similiar equipped ones usually go for the 18-20K range or higher. This would be a great MKIV if somebody is looking.

Posted

Hey Joey and All,

That looks like a heck of a good deal! However, that particular bird has been for sale at close to that price for a good while, which begs the question.... why hasn't it been bought by now????? Bryce

Posted

Has it been listed someplace else Bryce? That is the first time I've seen that one. I check barnstormers just about every morning to see what's new in the Experimental category. That one has all the desireable mods done if your wanting to take one into the brush. It has just about everything done that I've done to mine. The panel layout is terrible and you could lose 15lbs by ditching that interior but other than that it looks pretty good. You are right though for that price somebody would have snatched it up if it was really nice. Wonder if it has some damage history he waits till you call to disclose or something. Sure stinks if your built are having to get out right now. Guys are selling their flying birds for less than half what it cost them to build them all across the market right now. The certified market is even worse. If I could afford to feed one I'd be looking at buying at C182 right now to haul my family around in. The older VFR straight tailed ones are going for dirt cheap.

Posted (edited)

Guys are selling their flying birds for less than half what it cost them to build them all across the market right now. The certified market is even worse.

It sucks when you find yourself in a financial pickle severe enough to peel off your big boy toys, been there. From the other side of the fence though, it offers an opportunity to upgrade or even initially join the sport at temporarily (hopefully) depressed prices. That's a good thing when pilot numbers are dropping like a rock. My Avid+ project has stalled due to me finding some too-good-to-pass-up bargains that needed very little time and $ to become airworthy. Poor baby's been pushed aside 3 times in 2 years now!

[edit] I see that that Mk-IV on BS also has a nose gear weldment. If he still has the original oem bungee gear, that looks like a real good price for a nice, low hour convertible.

Edited by dholly

Posted

AVID FLYER MK IV STOL $14,500 • DON'T MISS OUT • Avid Flyer Mark IV STOL. This aircraft is very clean aircraft with low hours. STOL wings, Airdale wide gear with reinforced bunge truss, tundra tires and standard tires with matching wheel pants, Rotax 582 Blue head with third additional radiator on bottom of fuselodge and high altitude compensation carborator kit. Fiberglass seat with new interior seat and cushions with custom embroidery. Garmin 195 GPS and also new heavy duity tail spring with VG's on the wings. You will not find a nicer Avid with this may extras for this price. $14,500.00 • Contact Lonnie J. Steverson - STEVERSON AVIATION located New Hebron, MS USA • Telephone: 601-466-4959 . 601-792-4104 . 601-792-2243 • Fax: 601-792-4103 • Posted August 10, 2012 •

Similiar equipped ones usually go for the 18-20K range or higher. This would be a great MKIV if somebody is looking.

Hi all

This is my first post here................I drove 10 hrs and picked up this plane last wknd.I got it for even less.I keep thinking I am missing something ,because of the price.But I have spent all day today going over the plane and am finding nothing major wrong.I am pretty stoked to get it in the air.Have ordered carb sockets and bungies.........

Brian

Posted (edited)

Hi all

This is my first post here................I drove 10 hrs and picked up this plane last wknd.I got it for even less.I keep thinking I am missing something ,because of the price.But I have spent all day today going over the plane and am finding nothing major wrong.I am pretty stoked to get it in the air.Have ordered carb sockets and bungies.........

Brian

Welcome and congratulations Brian - I'm sure you will get lots of feedback and help from the Avid flyers on here.

10 hours from Mississippi, or was that round trip? Where are you located?

ED in MO ( The old man with the torn rotary cuff who posts too much and is getting very little building done)

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted

Welcome and congratulations Brian - I'm sure you will get lots of feedback and help from the Avid flyers on here.

10 hours from Mississippi, or was that round trip? Where are you located?

ED in MO ( The old man with the torn rotary cuff who posts too much and is getting very little building done)

Well ed in mo

I live in MO............south of springfield ,by Tablerock lake.

Where in Mo are you??

Posted

Well ed in mo

I live in MO............south of springfield ,by Tablerock lake.

Where in Mo are you??

25 miles south of St. Louis at Arnold off I-55. I have in-laws at Protem.

Good Flying

ED

Posted

Welcome Brian! Looks like you got a killer airplane! Do you have any Avid/Kitfox time?

Posted

Welcome Brian! Looks like you got a killer airplane! Do you have any Avid/Kitfox time?

I have quite a bit of quicksilver and weedhopper time.Enough c150/172 time to get my private.Then came single Bucaneer Sx and in the past couple of years I had a Bucaneer B2B and put around a hundred hrs on it.I did get an hour in my buddys old kitfox when I had the b2b.I actually had a Avid mk 4 unfinished kit for a year.....just couldnt seem to get the time to get it finished..........rather fly than build!!!

Brian

Posted

Please please please find someone to give you a checkout. These planes will get you in trouble quick if you don't know what to expect.

Posted

Please please please find someone to give you a checkout. These planes will get you in trouble quick if you don't know what to expect.

I am planning on it.........do you know of anyone flying one this part of the county??I am in SW Missouri.There is a guy in my area but he keeps tearing his up!!Believe I will stay away from that!!

Brian

Posted

Sorry I can't help you in MO. Now, if you wanted to come up to northern Wisconsin...

Posted

Sorry I can't help you in MO. Now, if you wanted to come up to northern Wisconsin...

See if there are any local EAA chapters near you - maybe one will have a FoxAvid.

ED in MO