Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

WTB (2) Matco MC-3 Master Cylinders

6 posts in this topic

Posted

I am interested in adding brakes on the passenger side of my Model 1. Please let me know if you would like to sell your MC-3 master cylinders.

Posted

I am interested in adding brakes on the passenger side of my Model 1. Please let me know if you would like to sell your MC-3 master cylinders.

Maybe I am too uneducated about the Matco MCs, but never heard of an MC-3. Matco told me that my KF2 had one set of MC-1, with the reservoir on top of each one. The only others I have heard about are the MC-4, and MC-5, both with an alternate number.

Some of these say that they will not work with a second set of MCs. Best to call Happ at Matco.

ED in MO

Posted (edited)

Disregard

Edited by Deejayel

Posted

DJL,

I just bought a set of MC-3 cylinders - didn't even know they existed - think they are 1/2 inch bore and 7 1/2 inches overall - Going to keep them and try them with my Grove brakes.

EDMO

Posted

I have a set of mc-3's installed. I cant keep the right mc from seeping hydro fluid out the top when the pilots side mc is depressed. 3 orings. 3 times. No luck yet

Im going to mail it to matco today for overhaul and see if they cant work their magic. If it cannot be repaired, ill have to purchase a pair of the -4's or find an mc-3 on the used market

Posted

A MC-4 with the reducer installed should be the same as the MC-3.

EDMo