Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

KITFOX 1 FOR SALE

10 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

If anyone is interested, I just got a notice of a KF1 for sale for $6500 - needs recovering. Can give you the phone number and you can do your own research on it. Dont know what Rotax it has. Didnt check to see what state it is in, but can do that.

ED in MO

edit: Ad says, "stored in dry place for last 5 years" - California phone number

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted

If anyone is interested, I just got a notice of a KF1 for sale for $6500 - needs recovering. Can give you the phone number and you can do your own research on it. Dont know what Rotax it has. Didnt check to see what state it is in, but can do that.

ED in MO

edit: Ad says, "stored in dry place for last 5 years" - California phone number

Can anybody update me on this? I'm looking for an Avid or Kitfox in flying condition, but if re-covering is all that is needed, this one might bear looking at. I've been having a lot of trouble getting advertisers to respond or when they do, stay in touch long enough to close a deal. One on barnstormers turned out to have a broken fuselage member, but when I inquired further about the details, the guy mysteriously shut down on me and didn't return calls or emails. Nice guy too. I hope he's ok.

Here's my email for anyone who wants to contact me directly: landrest@cox.net

Posted

Can anybody update me on this? I'm looking for an Avid or Kitfox in flying condition, but if re-covering is all that is needed, this one might bear looking at. I've been having a lot of trouble getting advertisers to respond or when they do, stay in touch long enough to close a deal. One on barnstormers turned out to have a broken fuselage member, but when I inquired further about the details, the guy mysteriously shut down on me and didn't return calls or emails. Nice guy too. I hope he's ok.

Here's my email for anyone who wants to contact me directly: landrest@cox.net

Sent you a message on this site.

ED in MO

Posted

Hi,

Looking for a Kitfox 1 to potentially modify to be electric. Any update on this thread pertaining to the Kitfox 1 for sale?

Thanks

brendot@gmail.com

Posted (edited)

Hi,

Looking for a Kitfox 1 to potentially modify to be electric. Any update on this thread pertaining to the Kitfox 1 for sale?

Thanks

brendot@gmail.com

The last I heard was that TWISTER was going to look at it and possibly buy it. Dont know more than that.

What do you mean "modify to be electric"? The motor? I dont like electric on anything I can control manually - have got electric elevator trim and electric stabilizer trim for sale - dont use them.

ED in MO

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted

The last I heard was that TWISTER was going to look at it and possibly buy it. Dont know more than that.

What do you mean "modify to be electric"? The motor? I dont like electric on anything I can control manually - have got electric elevator trim and electric stabilizer trim for sale - dont use them.

ED in MO

Electric propulsion is where we are headed. Do you still have any contact info for the Kitfox in California? It will be a fun winter project if we can get an air-frame to start working on.

Thanks

Posted (edited)

Electric propulsion is where we are headed. Do you still have any contact info for the Kitfox in California? It will be a fun winter project if we can get an air-frame to start working on.

Thanks

The phone number listed in the ad in Aviator Bulletin is: Peter (510) 915-0654 CA.

Please, Let the AvidFoxflyers know if you are going to sell the grayhead or parts.

And, in case someone has forgotten, I have a 90% KF1 copy frame and parts for sale here in Missouri. Cheap.

ED in MO

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted

I did talk with the seller a few times--very nice guy--but decided against it. Maybe he still has it. If you can't find his number I may still have it somewhere.

I had a nice long talk with the Kitfox factory today, and it looks like I'm headed in the direction of a KF4 with a 912 engine--if I can find one basic enough to fit my "budget." I would like to get a 5 if I can afford it. I'm now pretty much confining my search in that direction, but I'll still appreciate comments and suggestions.

Posted (edited)

I did talk with the seller a few times--very nice guy--but decided against it. Maybe he still has it. If you can't find his number I may still have it somewhere.

I had a nice long talk with the Kitfox factory today, and it looks like I'm headed in the direction of a KF4 with a 912 engine--if I can find one basic enough to fit my "budget." I would like to get a 5 if I can afford it. I'm now pretty much confining my search in that direction, but I'll still appreciate comments and suggestions.

The 5 was the first one that you could put a "real" airplane engine in - if you like mags and have lots of $$$$.

Actually, they are probably as cheap as a 912.

Did you order the ED Downs book? You should read it.

ED in MO

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted

I have 2 IVs with 912UL motors in them. One is my flyer and the other is my rebuilding project.

If you watch and shop around they can be found for less than $25k. You need to act quickly if you find one, because they will go very fast at anything less than $30k.