Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

LEDs - GOOD NEWS, BAD NEWS, UNKNOWNS?

6 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I received my LED bulbs today.

GOOD NEWS: Pins on single-contact bulbs are same as a Grimes taillight bulb.

12 LED bulb will fit into Lens of taillight.

BAD news: Cant get LED quite far enough into socket to turn and lock it, because plastic housing hits. cant grind off housing.

GOOD NEWS: There are 9 LED bulbs available which may fit.

BAD news: Thought I was ordering 2 bulbs at $8.49 each - Got 2 pair of bulbs for $16.98- could have only ordered 1 pair....Think that figures out to only $4.25 a bulb, with free shipping - lots cheaper than Grimes and cheap enough to experiment with -

Got to find the 9 LED on Ebay.

UNKNOWN NEWS: Still dont know if these will work in the Grimes Wing Position Lights, cause cant find mine....Believe it might fit.

GOOOD NEWS: I'm done for now - Posting photo, I hope...

ED in MO

post-399-13461158539_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted

Ordered a pair of 9 LED bulbs today for $8.99, free shipping - will post more if they are the right ones????

ED in MO

Posted

Ed, I hate to think that I am the cause of your experimentation but it is much appreciated. since you have already ordered the bulbs I will wait to see what your findings are and go from there.

thanks again

-Robert-

Posted

Ed, I hate to think that I am the cause of your experimentation but it is much appreciated. since you have already ordered the bulbs I will wait to see what your findings are and go from there.

thanks again

-Robert-

Hey, dont think I am all that benevelent (cant spell it) - Doing this for all of us - Just burns my ass every time I look at those $300 to $1000 "Aircraft Lights", and the same for their LED "Aircraft" lights. Wrap a piece of tinfoil in back of an auto bulb if you think it needs it.....Will report more later on.

ED in MO

Posted

FYI: Browsing thru 1300 or so back up light bulb listings on Ebay, I only found 1 for 9 LED which I think is 1156 base.

I did find bulbs with up to 63 LEDs with 19 LEDs being the most advertixed - most are 4.25 to 6.50 per bulb.

Then there are XENON /ZENON bulbs which I know nothing about. Looks interesting....

Plenty of opportunities for someone to experiment with for brightness, fit, color, etc.

Have fun - save money - use less amps - get brighter!.

ED in MO

Posted

9 LED BULBS WORK IN TAILLIGHT - See my posting in General Hanger - Happy Ending.

ED in MO