Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

vid Biplane

5 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

I know that this has been done with a kitfox but am pretty sure that it has been returned to a single wing, What I am trying to figure out is how much work would it take to do the same to an Avid, Square foot of wing to Tail surface ratio and the like, I have come up with two sets of wings one fuselage and one set of flaps and am wondering if it would be worth it?Also angle of wing attack.

Edited by Trackwelder

Posted (edited)

I know that this has been done with a kitfox but am pretty sure that it has been returned to a single wing, What I am trying to figure out is how much work would it take to do the same to an Avid, Square foot of wing to Tail surface ratio and the like, I have come up with two sets of wings one fuselage and one set of flaps and am wondering if it would be worth it?Also angle of wing attack.

I've got a cheap Kitfox clone fuselage you could hang them on. Just bring a trailer and money down and pick it up.

ED in MO

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted

I've got a cheap Kitfox clone fuselage you could hang them on. Just bring a trailer and money down and pick it up.

ED in MO

Thanks for the offer but I already have an A or possibly B model supposedly serial number 202 that I was trying to strengthen and widen to a mark IV I got the strengthen part but It is still too narrow for two people my size, Picture small college Center and 20 years of swinging a hammer on the railroad still where a size 54 jacket with a 21 inch neck so unless I can find a mark IV or above I am afraid it would be a single seater. What I am hoping for is whatever information people might have on the Kitfox Biplane pictures if not numbers or an amphibian if I can find one.

Posted

ED in MO

Thanks for the offer but I already have an A or possibly B model supposedly serial number 202 that I was trying to strengthen and widen to a mark IV I got the strengthen part but It is still too narrow for two people my size, Picture small college Center and 20 years of swinging a hammer on the railroad still where a size 54 jacket with a 21 inch neck so unless I can find a mark IV or above I am afraid it would be a single seater. What I am hoping for is whatever information people might have on the Kitfox Biplane pictures if not numbers or an amphibian if I can find one.

Posted

I might be able to post a photo of how I widened my Kitfox 6 inches at the elbows - dont think it makes that much difference at the shoulders tho...These planes were made for skinny people, I guess......My friend made a single out of his because of his size....

ED in MO