Airdale build

9 posts in this topic

Posted

Since there is not an airdale section yet I will be posting my build in this thread, with plenty of pictures. Here are a few pics to get started. This is the condition I bought it in, the only thing I have done is get it home and remove the wings. I like the huge baggage area, adjustable seats, more leg room, bigger instrument panel and the stratus subaru. My hope is that I will have it ready to fly by spring.

post-351-13472452790059_thumb.jpg

post-351-13472453116848_thumb.jpg

post-351-13472453351286_thumb.jpg

post-351-13472453571824_thumb.jpg

post-351-13472453798122_thumb.jpg

1 person likes this

Posted

NICE!!! Thanks for sharing, Bryce

Posted

Interesting mixer control. I thought the Airdale Flyer used the same as Avid+, obviously not!

1 person likes this

Posted (edited)

Thanks for sharing - Airdale was a good mod.

But wonder if moderator or you could put this in its own list or with the Avids -

just so that someone in the future could find it easier?

Do you know what the serial number of this one is?

I watched #1 being built in Alaska. There were only 5 available at that time, I think.

Wish I had bought #2.

ED in MO

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted

How is this build coming along?

And where can I get one??

Posted

Hi Mark,

Are you still building your Bearhawk patrol? I just bought an Avid Mk IV HH with the 16" stretch in it. I hope to get  rolling on it seriously this fall. I live in Goldendale, WA.

Rick

Posted

Hi Mark,

Are you still working on your Bearhawk Patrol? Are you building from scratch or working from a welded kit?

Best regards,

Rick.

Posted

Hey Rick,

I get down to Hood River, OR once or twice a year since my brother, sister and I still have the place where we grew up there.  We should get together when I am down there next.  Mark and I have met for coffee a couple of times to catch up on flying and building stuff.  I will be going down at the end of Oct through first part of Nov for a hunt.  Send me a PM with your phone # and I will give you mine and hopefully we will be able to meet and swap some stories.

Randy

Posted

Sorry for missing this guys!  I PM'ed you Rick.  Yes, still working on the wings, and it's all from scratch at this point.  Like Randy said, let's meet up in a couple weeks, I'd love to see your project.

I haven't logged on here in a while - new site?!  It looks way slicker than what us Bearhawk guys use. 

Mark