Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Need something edited? Have an idea for the forum?

27 posts in this topic

Posted

Leni (AKFlyer)is the owner and creator of this website. Joey (C5Engineer) is a moderator. Since Leni works on Mars and is away from the site often I volunteered to help out. If you need a post edited, moved, deleted, ect send me a Private Message and I can work it for you.

Have an idea for the site or something you would like to see added? Let us know! While neither of us are particularly computer savvy we will do our best to keep everyone happy.

The goal when this site came online was to not moderate the heck out of peoples posts and opinions like some other sites out there. Avidfoxflyers is a place to share information, brag, shoot the breeze, and have fun! I'm here strictly to houseclean and keep things running smoothly.

Posted

Joey,

If you could move the "sign in" bar up closer to the "Log in" spot, then I wouldnt have to page-up between these two actions to get into site. Just a little nit-pick that happens now, and wasnt that way when I started.

Thanks,

ED in MO

Posted

Joey,

If you could move the "sign in" bar up closer to the "Log in" spot, then I wouldnt have to page-up between these two actions to get into site. Just a little nit-pick that happens now, and wasnt that way when I started.

Thanks,

ED in MO

Ed you should be able to check the little box that says keep me logged in. I haven't had to log into the site in the last year I am always logged on.

1 person likes this

Posted

Joey and Leni,

The way this site acts now really sucks! Any way you can get it back to what it used to be?

I hate the way it acts now! Lots harder to read and cant get anything but blank pages when trying to read PMs and posts and answers to PMs. REALLY SUCKS !!!!!!!!! NORTON WONT LET ME GET ON MY LAPTOP WITHOUT INTERFERRING. KASPERSKY on here is OK with it tho.

ED in MO

Posted

There is now no way to "edit, reply, delete" on posts. Cant read posts until you go back to site.

REALLY SUCKS !

ED in MO

Posted

There is now no way to "edit, reply, delete" on posts. Cant read posts until you go back to site.

REALLY SUCKS !

ED in MO

Ed, take a deep breath! :blink:

I'm running Firefox and am having no issues with the site like you are describing. I think you must have a virus or something going on corrupting your computer.

Posted

This whole sit has changed. PC and laptop both fighting me. This really sucks.

Have enjoyed talking with everyone on here - but wont fight battles to get 2c in.

Going to hibernate all winter and hope for better site in spring - or whenever.

ED in MO

Posted

This whole sit has changed. PC and laptop both fighting me. This really sucks.

Have enjoyed talking with everyone on here - but wont fight battles to get 2c in.

Going to hibernate all winter and hope for better site in spring - or whenever.

ED in MO

Ed I am running Vista on laptop and XP Pro on my desk top. No problems with either. Check your computers for virus. Russ.

Posted

I am working on it. I cant figure out what happened. It is fine for me on firefox, but not on Internet Explorer on the work computers. I ahve tried from 4 differnt computers at work and I get the same issues Ed is having. Hang in there guys, I am working on it. I just sent a request in to the peeps at Invision and at Siteground to see who I gotta pay to get the damn place back running right. I am too stupid and busy tha tlast few days to really dig into it.

:BC:

Posted

Pay??

No, you better pucker up there buttercup.

Posted

Hey Leni,

I'm new to your site, but wanted to thank you for setting it up. Lots of good information here!

I was wondering if you could add an "Avid Magnum" section. Not a whole lot of us out there, but it would be nice to find the others here.

Thanks,

Ron

Posted

Just another data point, but I get a Malware warning message and access to the site blocked in Chrome on my Mac. It seems to work fine on my iPad in Safari for the time being.

-- Paul S

Posted

I have noticed a number of members have AK behind the names. I know your from the SoCal area. I am curious if there is a way to search the members page to check where people are flying their Avids and Kitfoxes. Just a curiosity. Looks like these are great inexpensive bush plane.

Norm

Leni (AKFlyer)is the owner and creator of this website. Joey (C5Engineer) is a moderator. Since Leni works on Mars and is away from the site often I volunteered to help out. If you need a post edited, moved, deleted, ect send me a Private Message and I can work it for you.

Have an idea for the site or something you would like to see added? Let us know! While neither of us are particularly computer savvy we will do our best to keep everyone happy.

The goal when this site came online was to not moderate the heck out of peoples posts and opinions like some other sites out there. Avidfoxflyers is a place to share information, brag, shoot the breeze, and have fun! I'm here strictly to houseclean and keep things running smoothly.

Posted

I have noticed a number of members have AK behind the names. I know your from the SoCal area. I am curious if there is a way to search the members page to check where people are flying their Avids and Kitfoxes. Just a curiosity. Looks like these are great inexpensive bush plane.

Norm

Norm, I think the guys that have AK in the names are here in AK (Alaska)

I will take a look at the controls on the member search and see if there is a way to narrow the search by location. Give me a few n I will get back to you.

As far a great bush planes?? Yes, we can get in and out short, but range is somewhat limited as well as the amount of gear we can carry. Most of my flights are around 100-150 miles from the home base, but that gets me pretty remote. Fuel burn and fuel capacity always leave me looking for places to go that I can get fuel and not have to pay 10 bucks a gallon for it. I can carry an extra 15 or so gallons with me if I am flying solo, but the new bride does not like me going out and playing without her :lol:

Posted

I just tried to do a member search with the "advanced filters" and put in the location but it showed up with 0 members when I put AK or Alaska in the location slot. I am not sure if I can do anything else to search for members in a general area.

One good way we could do it would be to start a thread to say a lil something about the area you live or fly in, then one could search that thread for any given location and it should show the posts that have that state, city or country in it. Now all we have to do is get all 540 something members to actually post and we would have a good data base to search :lol:

Posted

I knew AK was Alaska and that is what started my curiosity. Like you I tried a search using AK with similar result. I have noted that you, Leni, and SuberAvid seem to be AK and was wondering how many more. Just curious.

I just tried to do a member search with the "advanced filters" and put in the location but it showed up with 0 members when I put AK or Alaska in the location slot. I am not sure if I can do anything else to search for members in a general area.

One good way we could do it would be to start a thread to say a lil something about the area you live or fly in, then one could search that thread for any given location and it should show the posts that have that state, city or country in it. Now all we have to do is get all 540 something members to actually post and we would have a good data base to search :lol:/>

Posted

BTW Today is the first time in months that Firefox let me come to this site without a Hacker Warning. Does this mean things are good again. :siterocks:

I knew AK was Alaska and that is what started my curiosity. Like you I tried a search using AK with similar result. I have noted that you, Leni, and SuberAvid seem to be AK and was wondering how many more. Just curious.

Posted (edited)

BTW Today is the first time in months that Firefox let me come to this site without a Hacker Warning. Does this mean things are good again. :siterocks:/>/>/>/>

We all have our fingers crossed that the site is going to stay OK now - There are 2 or 3 more than you mentioned in Alaska, and a few in Canada - the rest are scattered around the lower 48, I guess. One in Europe, or maybe 2 that I know of. At least one more in AB, and maybe more?

ED in MO (St. Louis area - but EX-AK, and many miles and 12 times across Canada by roads)

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted

There are close to a dozen guys here on the forum from AK, but only about half that are regular posters. I will keep looking into it as time allows and see if there is a way to filter geographically.

As far as I know the site has been good to go for a couple months now. The service provider assures me that the site is clean, it just takes forever to get the big search engines, namely google, to do a review of the site to make sure its clean on their books.

As I an typing this on the company computer, I can assure you that it has to be clean or the company firewalls and all the big brother crap they have on these computers would block me if the site was malicious.

Posted (edited)

Leni, Today is the first time since the hack that I have been able to get on through Google without a warning. Yay!

Edited by SuberAvid

Posted

It would be nice to know who all we have in our areas; we might be able to get more local flyouts, BBQ's etc. It is cool that Joey can get so much activity with folks down in his area, even with a vast difference in airplanes. As far as AK members on the forum, I think I know of 5 besides myself so it would be nice if others would identify themselves and where they are located in the state(s)

Posted

It would be nice to know who all we have in our areas; we might be able to get more local flyouts, BBQ's etc. It is cool that Joey can get so much activity with folks down in his area, even with a vast difference in airplanes. As far as AK members on the forum, I think I know of 5 besides myself so it would be nice if others would identify themselves and where they are located in the state(s)

South central Minnesota.

Posted

South central Minnesota.

North Central Wisconsin. (AKA the deep freeze.)

Posted

Any chance to get the heading "Two Stokes"  corrected to "Two Strokes" or maybe "2 Strokes" to match "4 Strokes"?

Posted

Ha I never noticed that,