Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

O-100 engine on Ebay

7 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Just spotted a McCulloch (sp?) 0-100 4 cyl, TWO cycle, air-cooled, drone engine on ebay for $600.

I know these were put in some ultralights.

Seller says 70 pounds, 72 hp - no info on what rpm it runs, or if parts are available.

Anyone know anything about this engine? Looks like it could be a good match for a light Avid or Kitfox?

ED in MO

edit: Sure got this wrong - its a 2-stroke, and no redrive. corrected above where I thought it was 4 cycle.

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted

Dinked around with a Benson Gyro from the 70's that had one quite a while back. It's ancient technology. You wouldn't catch me flying behind one. Pretty sure you would be on your own for parts. I remember the carb being pretty funky on that thing.

Posted (edited)

Dinked around with a Benson Gyro from the 70's that had one quite a while back. It's ancient technology. You wouldn't catch me flying behind one. Pretty sure you would be on your own for parts. I remember the carb being pretty funky on that thing.

Yes, I got fooled - thought I had found a light 4 cycle. We live and learn.......

ED in MO

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted

RUN! unless you want a boat anchor

Posted

RUN! unless you want a boat anchor

Think I already have one - Got a 532 with 80 hours, gauges, rad, mount, everything, and cant get an offer.

Need to get a bigger boat for the weight of it.

ED in MO

Posted

Think I already have one - Got a 532 with 80 hours, gauges, rad, mount, everything, and cant get an offer.

Need to get a bigger boat for the weight of it.

ED in MO

Ed,

What radiator do you have for it? I am looking for a set of MK IV radiators so I can get rid of my belly mount radiator. I want to put a big cargo pod under there instead of the radiator... of course, this is assuing that the wind storm does take care of the plane for me in the next few days..

:BC:

Posted

Ed,

What radiator do you have for it? I am looking for a set of MK IV radiators so I can get rid of my belly mount radiator. I want to put a big cargo pod under there instead of the radiator... of course, this is assuing that the wind storm does take care of the plane for me in the next few days..

:BC:

I am looking for a set of cheek rads for my Soob. Sorry, this belly rad is about 1/2 size of my Rabbit rad.