Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Avid pitot tube

9 posts in this topic

Posted

The black hose going through the spar on my Avid got smashed and is unusable. Does anyone know where to get new tubing ? It is 1/4" parker tube.

Posted

The black hose going through the spar on my Avid got smashed and is unusable. Does anyone know where to get new tubing ? It is 1/4" parker tube.

Water Supply line for a refrigerator works great! That is what is in mine. Another option is to hit up a big truck shop and use the air line that they use for the brake system. It is not too expensive.

:BC:

Posted

I decided to order the pitot tube from Spruce for experimental planes. Received it today will install tomorrow then cover the wing Thursday. The pitot tube looks very nice. I am recovering the wings and learned how to rib lace today (it was not easy for me)

Bill in Payson AZ

Avid Mark 4 STOL

Posted (edited)

I should be covering my wings in the next couple weeks so keep us posted on your work, pics ;)

-Robert-

Edited by High Country

Posted (edited)

I decided to order the pitot tube from Spruce for experimental planes. Received it today will install tomorrow then cover the wing Thursday. The pitot tube looks very nice. I am recovering the wings and learned how to rib lace today (it was not easy for me)

Bill in Payson AZ

Avid Mark 4 STOL

Which pitot are you talking about - Spruce has lots of them.

Post a photo if you can - what was cost? Why is it better?

ED in MO

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted (edited)

Bill in Payson AZ

Avid Mark 4 STOL

Rib lacing is lots of fun - but not necessary - staples are much easier, and recommended, as an option.

I will do neither, as I am using Stewart glue, and dont feel it is needed.

ED in MO

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted

Water Supply line for a refrigerator works great! That is what is in mine. Another option is to hit up a big truck shop and use the air line that they use for the brake system. It is not too expensive.

Thanks for the tip Leni, I just picked up a 25' roll of 1/4" clear polypropylene tubing for refrigerator water supply line from home depot for $3.00 I guess you just hook it up to the aluminum tubing using a small piece of the blue fuel line?

-Robert-

Posted

Thanks for the tip Leni, I just picked up a 25' roll of 1/4" clear polypropylene tubing for refrigerator water supply line from home depot for $3.00 I guess you just hook it up to the aluminum tubing using a small piece of the blue fuel line?

-Robert-

Or you can use a compression fitting on the end!

Posted

-Robert-

You should have gotten the right size to fit the pitot - probably same price from ACE or Lowes or HD, but use whatever works - you can use hose clamps too, and slip-on tube fitting at airspeed indicator.

ED in MO