Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Sold my Avid :(

2 posts in this topic

Posted

Its a sad day today. I sold my Avid last night with mixed feelings. It was a great plane but I think selling it was the motivation I needed to finish rebuilding my J3 that I bought a couple years ago. I haven't decided against selling the J3 but I want to get it to the point where its worth a bit more money before I part with it.

Don't count me out of the world of Avids just yet though. I know where there's an Avid that's seen better days just waiting for someone to come save it. The guy is very high on his price for the shape its in and it has none of the mods done to it. So when i'm done my J3 or sell it off, i'll make a trip and see if he's ready to part with the old girl.

Till then i'll still be lurking on the forums here once in a while. Take care out there.

Darcy

Posted (edited)

Its a sad day today. I sold my Avid last night with mixed feelings. It was a great plane but I think selling it was the motivation I needed to finish rebuilding my J3 that I bought a couple years ago. I haven't decided against selling the J3 but I want to get it to the point where its worth a bit more money before I part with it.

Don't count me out of the world of Avids just yet though. I know where there's an Avid that's seen better days just waiting for someone to come save it. The guy is very high on his price for the shape its in and it has none of the mods done to it. So when i'm done my J3 or sell it off, i'll make a trip and see if he's ready to part with the old girl.

Till then i'll still be lurking on the forums here once in a while. Take care out there.

Darcy

Thanks for all your input here - hope to hear from you once in a while - Good building with the J3 - Just got my flying partner's ($50K invested) J3 signed off and test flown - Looks like a winner!

ED in MO

Edited by Ed In Missouri