Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

SANDY IS COMING - WHERE IS DOUG GOING?

6 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

DOUG, Got plans for escape or evasion of Sandy? Where exactly are you?

We have an empty hanger at CUBA......Missouri, that is available for short term.

ED in MO

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted

Actually, I am headed to Pittsburgh in the am. Lucky me, 10hrs of driving in the wind and rain this weekend. Lots of rain, hope the Southern Tier fares better thAstroTurf last years floods.

Posted

Well, that was 10+ hrs of wiper slapping' driving fun. Home now, looking at N-NE 35-45 G70 and raining like a mofo. Utilities been off and back on 3x since 6 pm now. Dogs don't even want to go out to pee. Latest local county emergency is mandatory evac of 3300+ homes on southern shore of Lake Ontario. Hard to believe this thing came ashore way down in So Jersey and winds here are worse than last year with Irene. If this turns north and goes directly over us into Canada as predicted, we are gonna see a lot of flood and wind damage in upstate NY. Man, I hope the sheet metal hanger holds up.

Posted

We all have our fingers crossed for ya!

on a side note.... where the hell was the national media when we were dealing with 120 MPH winds and lots of flooding last month up here :dunno::lol:

:BC:

Posted (edited)

We all have our fingers crossed for ya!

on a side note.... where the hell was the national media when we were dealing with 120 MPH winds and lots of flooding last month up here :dunno::lol:

:BC:

Russia is pretty secretive ! And no one down here knows we have another state on the other side of the Cannucks !

Doug I hope you dont need water wings to get to your hanger. Let us know how you come out of this disaster.

ED in MO

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted

Local officials lifted our state of emergency around 10:00am. 23.000+ still without power in my county but the wind/rain has calmed considerably on the backside of the storm, even saw a bit of sun. I lost a few big tree limbs, a shingle or two and some woodpile tarps, no biggie aside from all the debris cleanup. Unfortunately, my buddies on the lake didn't fare well at all. Looks liked Sandy has pushed further inland than predicted now so, if it turns north as expected, hopefully it will stay to the west of us. Man, pics from NYC and some of those devastated coastal towns are sobering.