Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

W and B

6 posts in this topic

Posted

I am going to check my weight and balance this wknd on the mk 4. Dont really want to trust what someone else says.

I am guessing you level the wings front to back at the root..............is this correct

Brian

Posted (edited)

I am going to check my weight and balance this wknd on the mk 4. Dont really want to trust what someone else says.

I am guessing you level the wings front to back at the root..............is this correct

Brian

Hey Brian the level is checked at the third hinge rib which is the one closest to the strut attachment point on the wing. Also remember to level from side to side. Chapter seven in the build manual explains the complete process. There is an earlier manual(B model I think) on this site that you can download or I can scan that chapter and email it if you don't have the manual.

Paul

Edited by Paul S

Posted (edited)

Hey Brian the level is checked at the third hinge rib which is the one closest to the strut attachment point on the wing. Also remember to level from side to side. Chapter seven in the build manual explains the complete process. There is an earlier manual(B model I think) on this site that you can download or I can scan that chapter and email it if you don't have the manual.

Paul

Better check the manual - Dont know about Avids - But Kitfox is leveled on the bottom of cabin longeron, in both directions - The wings may not be level because of incedence (sp?) (angle of wings to angle of fuselage, front to back) and dihedral when the plane is level.

ED in MO

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted

Better check the manual - Dont know about Avids - But Kitfox is leveled on the bottom of cabin longeron, in both directions - The wings may not be level because of incedence (sp?) (angle of wings to angle of fuselage, front to back) and dihedral when the plane is level.

ED in MO

I know on the HH and STOL wing the manual says on the 3rd rib out due to the wash out in the wings.. for me this translated into having the bottom of the door frame level. I checked at the rib and frame and it was dead on. It was alot easier for subsequent W&B to just put the small level on the door frame and go from there.

:BC:

Posted

I know on the HH and STOL wing the manual says on the 3rd rib out due to the wash out in the wings.. for me this translated into having the bottom of the door frame level. I checked at the rib and frame and it was dead on. It was alot easier for subsequent W&B to just put the small level on the door frame and go from there.

Kitfox changed the incidence of the wings at least once that I know of - maybe more? I know they did between model 1 and 2. Think maybe they stuck with the cabin level on all models, but dont know for sure.

ED in MO

Posted

Thanks all

thats what i need

Brian