Bush gear

16 posts in this topic

Posted

Hi,

Just got my bush gear from Airdale. It looks very nice. I noticed that the front leg fuslage attach point has a stap over the bushing, as expected it, but the rear bushing does not. Is this normal not to have one at the rear? I don't know if loads are different there and not needed, or was the strap missed ad I should weld on on?

Thanks,

larry

Posted

The front leg is stressed in tension for the most part and the rear leg is stressed in compression. Think of the rearward pushing load on the wheel and how it impacts the legs of the gear.

A reinforcing strap on the rear would mostly be unnecessary weight.

Posted

The front leg is stressed in tension for the most part and the rear leg is stressed in compression. Think of the rearward pushing load on the wheel and how it impacts the legs of the gear.

A reinforcing strap on the rear would mostly be unnecessary weight.

Makes sense, I just wanted to be sure. Thanks!

Posted

I am wondering about the Bush Gear, for those of you that have been using them for a while now, what do you think? Is this a great mod? Does the gear's wider stance make a big differance? Joey and any other users, what's the verdict? Anyone have Brett's cell number, I recall it being posted a while back but was unable to find it in a search.

Paul

Posted

I am wondering about the Bush Gear, for those of you that have been using them for a while now, what do you think? Is this a great mod? Does the gear's wider stance make a big differance? Joey and any other users, what's the verdict? Anyone have Brett's cell number, I recall it being posted a while back but was unable to find it in a search.

Paul

Check my u-tube video on Brett's spring gear.

Posted

How much does this Bush gear cost, and what is the axle size?

ED in MO

Posted

Size, weight, effect, if any, on cg, and how much does it improve ground-handling?

Posted

Size, weight, effect, if any, on cg, and how much does it improve ground-handling?

He will build it with any axle you want. Cost is around $1200. It's 10" wider and 3" taller. No noticeable difference in weight and CG. Ground handling is NIGHT AND DAY difference. It'll land and take off slower and it takes a ton less effort to keep it pointed straight. I didn't fair mine and noticed the increase in drag.

Posted (edited)

The Grove gear that I took off was 40 lbs. The bush gear weighed on a baby scale is 18 lbs!

Look how much more I can eat and not gain weight!

Edited by larr

Posted

The Grove gear that I took off was 40 lbs. The bush gear weighed on a baby scale is 18 lbs!

I love it! Holidays, here I come!

Posted (edited)

What are the dimensions and GW on your Grove gear? What is axle bolt pattern?

Someone might be looking for one.

Is this the one or two piece gear?

ED in MO

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted

I would be interested to know if I can order the cross brace with the springs only as I already have the 74" wide landing gear.

Does anybody know if that works?

Thanks

Posted

I would be interested to know if I can order the cross brace with the springs only as I already have the 74" wide landing gear.

Does anybody know if that works?

Thanks

I asked the same thing and have not gotten a responce from Brett. I was going to do the same thing you are thinking of and mod it myself. Let us know if you hear from them before I do.

:BC:

Posted (edited)

I asked the same thing and have not gotten a responce from Brett. I was going to do the same thing you are thinking of and mod it myself. Let us know if you hear from them before I do.

:BC:

Roger, 10 4, Over and Out. :lmao: I've been calling Brett all day with no answer.

Edited by Avid Heavy

Posted (edited)

I know he uses the same jig to build both gear, so this is a possibility. Of course cutting and welding would be needed for this mod.

He's just getting over a nasty case of walking-pneumonia the last time I spoke to him last Thursday. When you call - PLEASE LEAVE A MESSAGE. He can rarely pick up the phone, but does return messages.

Edited by Av8r3400

Posted

Leave a message or drop Brett an email. He's a one man shop, but will get back to you in a reasonable amount of time.

Murphy