New Home for N844RS

9 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Just picked up my new trailer. 8 1/2' W X 24' L X 7' H. Inside 7' H X 8'3" W. Front door on right side. Plan on leaving plane and trl. in my driveway for winter, and at my airport in summer. Russ.

post-83-13521479149946_thumb.jpg

post-83-13521479264518_thumb.jpg

post-83-13521479384332_thumb.jpg

post-83-13521479540223_thumb.jpg

post-83-13521479649187_thumb.jpg

Edited by Russ.

Posted

Nice trailer Russ! Who was the manufacture? Any inside pics? did you have tie down points installed inside for the wheels or are you doing that yourself? One day I plan on having a trailer like this so I can drag my bird down south and fly around with some of you guys.

:BC:

Posted

Russ,

Nice trailer!!!! How bout some inside pics w/ AVid installed? What was the cost? I would love to have one of these, I tow mine to the field .5 mile away with factory towbar. I keep it in my workshop, so i would gain valuable workspace if my Avid was tucked away. Bryce

Posted

Just picked up my new trailer. 8 1/2' W X 24' L X 7' H. Inside 7' H X 8'3" W. Front door on right side. Plan on leaving plane and trl. in my driveway for winter, and at my airport in summer. Russ.

Hi Guys And Girl.

The trailer is built by Rock City Trailers, located in my town of Herkimer, NY. Unit has Luan interior, L.E.D. lights, 2 vents on roof, side door passenger side, duel axel with elec. brakes, and interior lights. Sides and roof are 1" sq. steel tubing, 16" on center. Roof 12" on center. Alum.

ext. sides and roof. Floor 3/4" ply. Main frame 2" X 4" steel tubing. I wanted it light and it weighs 1000# empty. I don't plan on hauling cars or

snowmobiles, as I winter in Fl. Will try to post interior pics, but time is short as I leave for Fl. Wed. am. Price with tax $3200.00 Hope this helps.

Russ.

Posted

Hi Guys And Girl.

The trailer is built by Rock City Trailers, located in my town of Herkimer, NY. Unit has Luan interior, L.E.D. lights, 2 vents on roof, side door passenger side, duel axel with elec. brakes, and interior lights. Sides and roof are 1" sq. steel tubing, 16" on center. Roof 12" on center. Alum.

ext. sides and roof. Floor 3/4" ply. Main frame 2" X 4" steel tubing. I wanted it light and it weighs 1000# empty. I don't plan on hauling cars or

snowmobiles, as I winter in Fl. Will try to post interior pics, but time is short as I leave for Fl. Wed. am. Price with tax $3200.00 Hope this helps.

Russ.

I really want one - but dont tell my wife yet!

ED in MO

Posted

Hi Guys And Girl.

Russ.

Holy cripes! For that price it would pay for me to drive down and get one! Unless you have one custom built like you did, the door opening is a couple inches too narrow to get the plane in. That is a pretty sweet deal!

:BC:

Posted

Ok, I let this stew for a bit but I just gotta say... Russ is so damn cheap he refused to pay for an extra 2' of V- nose up front. He talked the trailer mfg into that "mini" nose so the plane would fit with the spinner on and his 2-blade prop set vertically. I told him it was a BIG mistake!!

What's he gonna do when he wants to swap out to a 3-blade? :hammerhead:

Posted

Ok, I let this stew for a bit but I just gotta say... Russ is so damn cheap he refused to pay for an extra 2' of V- nose up front. He talked the trailer mfg into that "mini" nose so the plane would fit with the spinner on and his 2-blade prop set vertically. I told him it was a BIG mistake!!

What's he gonna do when he wants to swap out to a 3-blade? :hammerhead:

Truth be known the dealer made a mistake and built it with full v-nose. Only gave me 20' long I.D. He rebuilt to 23' I.D square nose with a corner closet space. The other truth is I get away from the Fat Bastard for 6 months.frech11.gif

Thanks for the corner closet idea Doug. See you in Apriltumbleweed.gif

Posted

Hey, get the hell off your phone and start packing already! :french11: