Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Elevator trim

4 posts in this topic

Posted

Apart from electric, how is your trim tab actualed? Mine has a single wire like the original, but the wire was frequently breaking at the tab and at the handle. Due to the freqeunt breaking, I modified the handle and trim tab horn and have been more problem free. My buddy just experienced elevator flutter when his trim tab actuator broke. This is exactly what I experienced in the past. I am re- wondering if there is a better system than a single piano wire?

Thanks for your ideas,

larry

Posted (edited)

Apart from electric, how is your trim tab actualed? Mine has a single wire like the original, but the wire was frequently breaking at the tab and at the handle. Due to the freqeunt breaking, I modified the handle and trim tab horn and have been more problem free. My buddy just experienced elevator flutter when his trim tab actuator broke. This is exactly what I experienced in the past. I am re- wondering if there is a better system than a single piano wire?

Thanks for your ideas,

larry

Those wires come in different thicknesses, not cheap when you have to buy the housing - I am going to use them - the fitting (bolt with hole that swivels) like goes on a carb will help to keep the end from breaking, as will good alignment.

I have seen a single or dual spring setup that is supposed to stop the flutter if wire breaks - will look for it.

I have an electric unit for sale.

ED in MO

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted

I have an electric unit for sale.

ED in MO

Ed, how much are you asking for your electric unit, Ray Allen? and what all do you have for it ie switch etc. I'm still trying to decide how I want to run mine. Still have a little time to decide though, I'm planning to start fabric on the wings tomorrow.

Robert

Posted (edited)

Ed, how much are you asking for your electric unit, Ray Allen? and what all do you have for it ie switch etc. I'm still trying to decide how I want to run mine. Still have a little time to decide though, I'm planning to start fabric on the wings tomorrow.

Robert

Robert,

Check the Kitfox catalog and let me know if $100 is too much to ask. I will have to check mine to make sure it works before selling. Sold the RAC stick grip with switches. Would have to look at unit to see brand - but sure it came from Kitfox. I can supply photo for mounting if you dont have that info - think too, it may be in a couple of my Avid/Fox manuals. can copy.

ED in MO

Edited by Ed In Missouri