Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Coolant thermostat for Rotax 912

10 posts in this topic

Posted

I am thinking I need this. >>> Highwing LLC Thermostat

Any experience or comments from 912 owners?

Posted

They work awesome!! Two thumbs up!

Posted

That looks like a good thing for any engine that is liquid cooled. It would damn sure be easier to change that out on my 582 than the stock one. The muffler mount goes onto the rear bolt of the thermostat housing and its a bitch to get the thermostat out without taking the muffler off. I think I will order one up and just jump it inline just past the stock housing and wont ever have to mess with the muffler mount again.

I am assuming (oh shit) that it is for the 1" hose correct :dunno:

:BC:

Posted

Leni -

That kinda (oh, crap!) makes sense to me... IIRC, the 912UL coolant hoses are 1" inch i.d. and 1-1/16" o.d., but that is from memory which doesn't always get it right. I do have the manual and will look it up if we want to get serious on this.

Posted

Leni -

That kinda (oh, crap!) makes sense to me... IIRC, the 912UL coolant hoses are 1" inch i.d. and 1-1/16" o.d., but that is from memory which doesn't always get it right. I do have the manual and will look it up if we want to get serious on this.

1" I.D. is all I needed to know. I think I will give Mark a call and get on ordered up. That will be easier for me to put the thermostat back in my plane when I get home.

Posted

Just thought I should mention... a while ago I saw inline thermostat housings on eBay or Amazon, can't recall which. A lot cheaper but did not check the in or outlet sizes. Might be worth checking out.

Posted

I talked to Marks son Ty the other day and he said they put a Big Bore kit on the 912S that's in their Model IV. Imagine a IV with more than 100HP in a 912 package. I bet it's a rocket ship!

Posted

I talked to Marks son Ty the other day and he said they put a Big Bore kit on the 912S that's in their Model IV. Imagine a IV with more than 100HP in a 912 package. I bet it's a rocket ship!

Details, man! Details!!

Posted

Just thought I should mention... a while ago I saw inline thermostat housings on eBay or Amazon, can't recall which. A lot cheaper but did not check the in or outlet sizes. Might be worth checking out.

The ones I have found are 1.25" or 1.5" I am not finding many for the 1" hoses. The price they are asking is the price of the normal rotax thermostat for the 582 so I still think HWLLC is a good price for what they are offering.

Posted

I have one ordered and it should be at home waiting for me when I get there. These take a regualr automotive thermostat so you can get one at any parts house for 10-15 bucks tops. Just ask for a 160 deg. chevy thermostat. Make sure you drill an 1/8" or 3/16" hole in the skirt so water circulates even when its cold. I will post up pics of the install when I get home and get it put in.