Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

New Magnum Forum!

5 posts in this topic

Posted

:welcome: Ron!

I've taken the liberty of copy 'n pasting your post here so Leni will find your request for a new Magnum forum quicker.

Hopefully, he will NOT bunch you into the Avid+ forum as the Airdale LSA was. We are all unique models and deserve our own little slice of Paradise, IMHO!

Looking forward to learning more about your Magnum. :beerchug:

Posted (edited)

:welcome:/>/> Ron!

I've taken the liberty of copy 'n pasting your post here so Leni will find your request for a new Magnum forum quicker.

Hopefully, he will NOT bunch you into the Avid+ forum as the Airdale LSA was. We are all unique models and deserve our own little slice of Paradise, IMHO!

Looking forward to learning more about your Magnum. :beerchug:/>/>

Welcome "Magnum" Ron,

I second the motion to get Leni, or Joey, to make the Magnum posts seperate from other Avids. Several of us have the Magnum manuals, although we dont have the planes - Any question you ask will probably be answered in several ways. Maybe you can educate us about your plane.

ED in MO

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted

I got is added! Sorry guys I was out at the lodge getting fire wood cut and trying to help keep the generator alive :lol:

:BC:

Posted

I got is added! Sorry guys I was out at the lodge getting fire wood cut and trying to help keep the generator alive :lol:/>

:BC:/>

Thanks dholly, Ed and Leni

I bought my magnum about 2 years ago, but I was in the middle of restoring a Starduster Too biplane. The wife made me promise to finish the Starduster before beginning the Magnum. I did finish it and have been flying it on the nice days, but now that it has turned cold, I'm ready to start the Magnum.

The Magnum has been built with the fuselage and control surfaces covered, but nothing has been sprayed on the fabric. The wings have been built and fitted, but not covered. I have a lycoming O-320 D2C for it, but not installed.

I have read the construction manual cover to cover about 3 times, trying to figure out what exactly has been completed so far. Now I just need to get started!

I look forward to posting lots of stupid questions for you guys to laugh at!

Thanks for the welcome...

Take care,

Ron

Posted

Thanks dholly, Ed and Leni

I bought my magnum about 2 years ago, but I was in the middle of restoring a Starduster Too biplane. The wife made me promise to finish the Starduster before beginning the Magnum. I did finish it and have been flying it on the nice days, but now that it has turned cold, I'm ready to start the Magnum.

The Magnum has been built with the fuselage and control surfaces covered, but nothing has been sprayed on the fabric. The wings have been built and fitted, but not covered. I have a lycoming O-320 D2C for it, but not installed.

I have read the construction manual cover to cover about 3 times, trying to figure out what exactly has been completed so far. Now I just need to get started!

I look forward to posting lots of stupid questions for you guys to laugh at!

Thanks for the welcome...

Take care,

Ron

We take most questions seriously - But you are free to laugh at some answers.

Welcome again.

ED in MO