Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

"FOXY FLAPPER" FOTOS

58 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Right Aileron finished and hung with Right Flap - Starting on Left side now.  I am thinking about covering the tops of the two ribs where each of the hanger hinges is located with 1mm plywood and make a slot in it so the fabric has something to back it up and be glued to.  Maybe wait until I fit them to wings since I have allowed about 1/4" play on either side of the hangers for fitting and want to make the slot as small as possible?   Any suggestions on that?  EDMO

IMG_1681.JPG

Edited by EDMO

Posted (edited)

Short update on flaps and ailerons - I bought 15"wide fiberglass to cover the flaps with - ailerons will be fabric covered.  Well, maybe the next owner will get to cover them and finish the bird - I may run out of time? ??? Hoping someone will decide to come and clean out my hanger while I am still able to talk to them about my plans for completing this bird - Got more than enough parts for 2 1/2 Kitfoxes and some Avid fiberglass parts too.   EDMO

Edited by EDMO

Posted

blink.gif Whoa, you got a lot going on there Ed.

Only 16 years of study and pulling my hair out - miles and miles of travel - 2 wives - 5 houses - second time to build this one without ever flying it - and what the hell am I going to do next! :lol: Dont forget the wing rebuild and the extended leading edges, and the flaps -

Maybe JATO?

Merry Christmas,

ED in MO

Dont feel bad, Normally I find  a woman I hate, buy her a house and then leave in my plane with only my shirt  on  my back!! I can sleep in the  plane but cant fly the house!!

1 person likes this

Posted

There is a you tube video of jato on an  Ercoupe years ago. Not sure what it about but I always thought man that would be goodto have if somebody landed in a place they could not get out of, Strap on the rocket just to get out of there......The jato were mounted under each wing, small ones, maybe 3 under each wing....

1 person likes this

Posted

There is a you tube video of jato on an  Ercoupe years ago. Not sure what it about but I always thought man that would be goodto have if somebody landed in a place they could not get out of, Strap on the rocket just to get out of there......The jato were mounted under each wing, small ones, maybe 3 under each wing....

Hope he had his wings metalized like my 415C was - fabric don't like fire and heat.  Thanks,  EDMO

Posted

Got the HS ribs measured, drawn, drilled, and ready to cut out just before I started treatments - still laying there waiting for better times.  EDMO

HS RIBS (2).JPG

2 people like this

Posted

1 person likes this

Posted

Loved the 'Coupe video - Just not the right plane to take to Alaska - held on to my 415C for a few years, asking wife if we were coming back to Missouri - The month I sold the Coupe, she told me we were moving back! - My wives didn't like planes!  Oh - I didn't have JATO...  EDMO