Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Rotax 582 Grey Head Water Temp

6 posts in this topic

Posted

My idle temp is around 155 - 165. My temp at 5000 rpm is 170 - 172 on the ground. Does this sound okay.

Thanks

Posted

I believe redline is 180 F. You should get a lot more air flow through the radiators in the air. What temperature is your thermostat rated to open at? Lots of planes don't cool well on the ground, so maybe you will be fine with those numbers.

My idle temp is around 155 - 165. My temp at 5000 rpm is 170 - 172 on the ground. Does this sound okay.

Thanks

Posted

A little on the warm side. At full power in a climb on a warm day your going to most likely have issues. What model and radiator set up? Most guys eventually end up with a radiator on the belly.

Posted

A little on the warm side. At full power in a climb on a warm day your going to most likely have issues. What model and radiator set up? Most guys eventually end up with a radiator on the belly.

Which way should the bypass holes in the thermostat go? My engine is inverted. So does the holes go toward the head (down) or toward the crank (up).

Also, how do I ensure that my cooling system is totally full of water? No air spaces. Does it bleed itself out?

Thanks

Posted

Which way should the bypass holes in the thermostat go? My engine is inverted. So does the holes go toward the head (down) or toward the crank (up).

Also, how do I ensure that my cooling system is totally full of water? No air spaces. Does it bleed itself out?

Thanks

I just noticed that you havent gotten any reply to this in 10 days - Hope someone can answer this for you -

I cant.

ED in MO

Posted

I think the hole goes up but it really does not matter too much. Leave the radiator cap off when you start it and you should be able to see the water flowing in the radiators. Make sure that the over flow bottle is at the minimum line so it wont suck air back into the system as it cools off.

:BC: