Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

RE:Steve are ya lost buddy

2 posts in this topic

Posted

Naw,  sorry about the absence. Everything is cool.

I've been able to sneak in a few flights in 84KF now that the Michigan weather is starting to break.  Runs good, flys nice....  I think the local runway is sinking into the ground though. When I round-out and flare for landing it seems to be about 3 to 5 feet lower then it was last fall. (That's my story..... and I'm sticking to it.)

Give me few days or so and I will have the fur flying on the List....  It's time to put the mythical "gross weight" issue on the block. To much bullshit and misinformation is being spread.

As a preview:

1) Question...  "Where in the process of applying for, and after receiving a Experimental Airworthiness Certificate for an "amateur-built" aircraft is the term "gross weight"  used,  stipulated and/or required by the FAA?

(hint... don't say "on the weight and balance"...I'll disprove and shoot that down in a heartbeat.

2) Question: Where is the term, or even the words "gross weight" used in the registration process?

You may see where I am going here..... 

I'll post everything here first for comments.

Steve

84KF

Posted

:lies:  :lol:  Here we go again... You are correct as it is not anywhere on my registration or airworthiness or any other place on my paperwork....  They guys are being a bit anal.  Senario, I buy a kit, see where I can make a few improvements and beef it up.  The kit manufacture says gross weight is hmmm say 950.  I have done my own number crunching and say it is now good for 1500# with the mods I did...  I as the MANUFACTURE of the aircraft can put any damn number I want on it for a gross weight.  It is MY experiment to do with as I please period.

I think you are going for the "max take off weight" shit storm.  I still cant beleive that even with it in black and white in the regs, the listers still can only see gross weight...

Hell it has been way to quiet lately, kick that behive again lol... I am gonna be gone from April 7 till the 15th so I may miss some of the fireworks, but rest assured I will read all about it when I get back :lol:

:beerchug: