Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Calling Brett at Airdale...

11 posts in this topic

Posted

Guys,

I tried to call Brett at Airdale today, but the line rings several times and then says to call back later. I tried several times through out the day with no success.

Is this normal?

Is there a better way to contact him?

I was using the number on Airdale.com

Thanks,

Ron

Posted

Join the club... Keep trying and make sure you leave a voice mail. He's extremely busy and if you don't leave a message he for sure won't get in touch with you.

Posted

Join the club... Keep trying and make sure you leave a voice mail. He's extremely busy and if you don't leave a message he for sure won't get in touch with you.

I've made four calls to him today as well. Land line and cell. My fusaloge is stripped down and ready to go into the jig and have things straightened out. Take care, Jim Chuk

Posted (edited)

Guys, I've tried. I really tried. I don't know what's going on with Brett.

He told me he's had some (unspecified) medical problems and there is some medical problems (terminal?) with his family that has occupied a lot, a really lot, of his time.

That being said, he has refused my, and several other people's help in answering phone calls and emails. I don't think he gets much help on the "home front" if you know what I mean. That makes running a one man business even harder than normal.

I don't know what to say. Maybe he's getting burnt out from the stress? He's a friend, but ... ??

All I can say is, "I'm Sorry."

Edited by Av8r3400

Posted

He told me he's had some (unspecified) medical problems and there is some medical problems (terminal?) with his family that has occupied a lot, a really lot, of his time.

That being said, he has refused my, and several other people's help in answering phone calls and emails. I don't think he gets much help on the "home front" if you know what I mean. That makes running a one man business even harder than normal.

I don't know what to say. Maybe he's getting burnt out from the stress? He's a friend, but ... ??

No worries...I just wanted to spend an insane amount of money on a project that will never be worth what I spent!

I'm sure someone else will be glad to help me out in my absurd business venture! :)

I'll try a couple more times.

Thanks,

Ron

Posted

Just having you as an inside connection is a big help; thanks. I really hope Brett hangs in there gets his health back on line. I sure wish he would accept your help as well, It would likely take a real load off of him just to have help tracking and organizing his orders; as well and having help with ordering materials, checking off the parts list, packaging and shipping... He could spend his time fabricating. I hope that he will take you up on the help for all of our sakes. I have a wing extension kit ordered as well.

Posted

Just having you as an inside connection is a big help; thanks. I really hope Brett hangs in there gets his health back on line. I sure wish he would accept your help as well, It would likely take a real load off of him just to have help tracking and organizing his orders; as well and having help with ordering materials, checking off the parts list, packaging and shipping... He could spend his time fabricating. I hope that he will take you up on the help for all of our sakes. I have a wing extension kit ordered as well.

Randy,

Are you putting the wing extensions on you suberavid? If so, have you given any thought about the additional washout this will give you? It would not take much at all to make the extensions and I have thought about it 1000 times, but I am thinking with the washout that we have now, extending the wing will only add more to the problem. Have you worked out a solution to this or are you just going to try and hope for the best?

Another line of thought. What are we doing to the integrity of the wing? Do the struts need to be moved outboard and lengthened or can we add the 18" extensions and still be good to go?

I am not the numbers runner engineering type so I wont even start to take this one on, it just flashed through my mind. If we can just put the extension on, move the flaperons outboard to the new tips and go, I would be all about doing it as I have some ribs I can use for patterns and getting the new wing tubes is a quick call to the local supply house.

:BC:

Posted

Randy,

Are you putting the wing extensions on you suberavid? If so, have you given any thought about the additional washout this will give you? It would not take much at all to make the extensions and I have thought about it 1000 times, but I am thinking with the washout that we have now, extending the wing will only add more to the problem. Have you worked out a solution to this or are you just going to try and hope for the best?

Another line of thought. What are we doing to the integrity of the wing? Do the struts need to be moved outboard and lengthened or can we add the 18" extensions and still be good to go?

I am not the numbers runner engineering type so I wont even start to take this one on, it just flashed through my mind. If we can just put the extension on, move the flaperons outboard to the new tips and go, I would be all about doing it as I have some ribs I can use for patterns and getting the new wing tubes is a quick call to the local supply house.

:BC:src="http://www.avidfoxflyers.com/public/style_emoticons/default/BC.gif">

Hi Leni,

From what I understand, it sounds like extending the wings with the current twist would be self defeating like you say. I am not planning to put them on my existing wings but on the new wings I will be building from the Avid kit I picked up last summer. My plan is to extend the wings by 1/2 bay (18" per side) instead of the full bay each side. I will cut the washout to 1 inch with the extensions on the wings. Also plan to use a hinge rib on the end and extend the flaperons 1/2 bay to the ends as well. Plan to double up the spar stiffeners by laminating a 36" length microlam to the stock 24" microlam stiffener to strengthen and lengthen the stiffener support but don't plan to lengthen the lift struts, just replace the 7/8" tubing with 1" tubing on them.

I guess if Brett doesn't come through I will have to fab up the extension parts myself so would welcome any parts source info.

Randy

Posted

Just wanted to let you guys know that Brett replied last night to an email I sent just a few days ago letting me know he was shipping my order. He apologized for the delay but didn't offer anymore info. If I hear anything I will pass it along.

Posted

Just a heads-up about Brett's email...

For the past few days I've been receiving spam/spoof emails from Brett and other email addys that I know are Avid related folks. I suspect Brett's email account has been hacked and his computer infected with an email virus or Trojan horse (his was the first spoof email rec'd). The emails simply say "hi Doug" in the subject line and "hey, check this out [insert bad link here]. Brett" The link addys are different in each or the spoof mails, however, I suspect just as damaging. I hope he is aare and taking corrective action.

Just a FYI... never click on any link or open attachments from people you don't know and make sure that you have an up-to-date virus checker and virus definitions file. If you find that your email account has indeed been compromised, any and all information that can be used to recover your account should be validated, removed or changed the instant you get your account back. That includes personal information, PINs, secret questions and and answers, alternate email addresses and more - anything that the system you're dealing with might use for account validation and recovery. A good hacker will have access to that information and use it to retake your machine until you change it.

Posted

Hi

have tried to contact Airdale for some replacment ribs,I'm located in the UK ,I will keep trying as your remarks advise.

However a drawing of a Avid speed wing rib would be a great help at this time.Does any one know where to find one?

Have tried to find but no joy as yet.

Thanks.