Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Prop Protractor Instructions wanted

5 posts in this topic

Posted

I got a protractor on ebay, but no instructions -

Can anyone give me the basic instructions for using the protractor like the warp drive one?

Yes, I know you use the wingnuts to tighten it to the blade - but where on the blade?

ED in MO

Posted

One thing I would add, putting the protractor at the tip of the blade is probably more appropriate for the standard blades than the tapertip blades. The tapertip blades are only about 1 1/2" wide at the tip. With my taper tip, I mounted the protractor at the thickest part of the blade. Then of course you have to make sure the protractor is at the exact same distance from the tip on the other blade or blades as well. Also that the protractor is square with the blades. I still like my lazer prop setting tool better though. Take care, Jim Chuk

Posted

One thing I would add, putting the protractor at the tip of the blade is probably more appropriate for the standard blades than the tapertip blades. The tapertip blades are only about 1 1/2" wide at the tip. With my taper tip, I mounted the protractor at the thickest part of the blade. Then of course you have to make sure the protractor is at the exact same distance from the tip on the other blade or blades as well. Also that the protractor is square with the blades. I still like my lazer prop setting tool better though. Take care, Jim Chuk

Thanks Jim, I like your lazer tool too and intend to use one.

ED in MO