Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

912 Kitfox round cowl exhaust wanted

8 posts in this topic

Posted

I got a call today from Nevada - Looking for 912 Kitfox round cowl exhaust, or a supplier.

I didnt know that the 912 would fit in a round cowl.

Anyone got info?

ED in MO

Posted

I got a call today from Nevada - Looking for 912 Kitfox round cowl exhaust, or a supplier.

Anyone got info?

ED in MO

Talked to McBean yet?

Posted

Anyone got info?

ED in MO

I've got two of 'em (912 motors in round cowls). Do you need the whole exhaust or just components? McBean will probably be the only source in either case.

Posted

I've got two of 'em (912 motors in round cowls). Do you need the whole exhaust or just components? McBean will probably be the only source in either case.

He needs whole exhaust - engine came from a (Tritan?) pusher with overhead exhausts. Think he was hoping for a used one or someone who makes them before going to the Kitmoney pit.

ED in MO

Posted

A used one is probably going to be hard to find, they are in very high demand as this is the predominant motor installed in these planes. Additionally if you do find a used system, the owner will most likely want new or near new price for it.

Per the Kitfox online catalog, the exhaust system for a 912UL or ULS, round or smooth cowl, model III, IV, V, VI, VII and Super Sport is all the same price - $1050. This includes the header pipes, muffler and tail pipe.

Posted (edited)

A used one is probably going to be hard to find, they are in very high demand as this is the predominant motor installed in these planes. Additionally if you do find a used system, the owner will most likely want new or near new price for it.

Per the Kitfox online catalog, the exhaust system for a 912UL or ULS, round or smooth cowl, model III, IV, V, VI, VII and Super Sport is all the same price - $1050. This includes the header pipes, muffler and tail pipe.

I guess he will find out when he talks to John & Debra !

One more reason I like my Cheap Soob - considering two cheap 12 inch glass-paks to go on my straight pipes. :lol:/>

Even the good stainless setup from Stratus was only $400.

ED in MO

Edited by Ed In Missouri

Posted

Maybe late but I have bought an exhaust on E-bay spain for 370 EURO incl shipping to the Netherlands.

It is a new muffler with tubes and elbows that You have to make yourself fitting.

Eric hendriks

Posted

$1050 EEESH.  Build your own exhaust.  I have less that $300 in mine and most of that is in the muffler with aluminum shell, could go even cheaper but would be more weight.  Just buy mandrel bent pipe and be sure to use plenty of ball joints to keep it flexible; and rubber hangers.